Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Thank you to all that replied to my HSN question. I don't think she knew what she was talkng about. When I insisted she inqure about me losing my excursion she put me on hold for like 20 minutes. I hung up and assumed she didn't know so wasn't coming back on the line, lol. I'll try again tomorrow.

[quote name='grobma']For those sailing on Breakaway tomorrow, be aware that there will be lots of fairs, festivals and the AIDS Walk on Sunday, resulting in many street closures and, therefore, extra traffic. It seems Gambee won't have a problem with his proximity to the pier, but others should allow extra time getting to the cruise terminal, depending on where they are coming from.

Information regarding what streets will be closed can be found [URL="http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml"]here[/URL]

Bon voyage and smooth sailing!

Matt[/QUOTE]

Looks like Gambee and Mom have a guaranteed spa pass as they will be first in line!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Spent the whole day in NYC, just got home now. Hope your sail away weather cooperates tomorrow. It was not bad today, even with the few sprinkles. AND even though the weatherman said nothing of rain. Times Square area was PACKED today. It's always crowded, but today was even worse than usual! There was a great street fair on 9th & 44-45th today as well. For those travelling in, please do take note of the street closures, it was rough getting cross town today, and tomorrow is the Aids Walk.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Remember....Pictures of Deck 11 aft suites!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]All of our 5/19 cruisers....Hope you have "Smooth Sailing" :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='English101']Looks like Gambee and Mom have a guaranteed spa pass as they will be first in line!![/QUOTE]

Not at those prices! I will most likely take a pass on it, maybe when I win the Lotto :D

[quote name='gambee']Where will the Aids walk be? and at what time?[/QUOTE]

It covers a few diferent neighborhoods - the information is contained in the same link as the original post - click [URL="http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml"]here[/URL]

[quote name='grobma']It covers a few diferent neighborhoods - the information is contained in the same link as the original post - click [URL="http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml"]here[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thank you :)

[quote name='gambee']Where will the Aids walk be? and at what time?[/QUOTE]

Here's the info just for the AIDS Walk:

The following curb lanes or streets will be closed Sunday from 10 am to 3 pm for the Aids Walk NY event as permitted by the Mayor's Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO).

Formation:
Central Park West and 110th Street

Route:
110th Street between 7th Avenue and Riverside Drive
Riverside Drive between 110th Street and 85th Street
85th Street between Riverside Drive and Central Park West

Dispersal:
Central Park Band Shell

BON VOYAGE 5/19ers!

I'm vicariously living your excitement, hoping for you the sunniest of skies and smoothest of seas......and will be anxiously awaiting your reviews next week.

(And any S6, deck 11 - with the funky layout - pics would be appreciated.:o)

A Bientôt, Mimi:)

[quote name='gambee']Not at those prices! I will most likely take a pass on it, maybe when I win the Lotto :D[/quote]

Have we determined, or received confirmation, if the weekly Spa pass is $146 or $169 ??
And anyone sailing tomorrow, please see if they have a Spa table set up in the terminal. Thanks!! :)

[quote name='English101']I'm so giddy with excitement for reviews of the first Bermuda sailing and all of you leaving tomorrow!

Welcome home 5/12 pax!!!
Enjoy your trip 5/19 pax!!!

Save travels to all!!!![/quote]

Thanks a lot English! Finally done packing & house cleaning, and I'm exhausted. Bed time, then off to Manhattan in the AM! :D

[SIZE=2]Watching Breakaway sail into [SIZE=2]N[SIZE=2]e[SIZE=2]w York on the harbor web cam.
[SIZE=2]It was pretty clear coming under the bridge but foggy now.

[SIZE=2]Welcome home to the returning sailors and all my best wishes for a wonderful cruise to those of you going out on her today.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[quote name='seabird1122']Have we determined, or received confirmation, if the weekly Spa pass is $146 or $169 ??
And anyone sailing tomorrow, please see if they have a Spa table set up in the terminal. Thanks!! :)[/QUOTE]

I have received written confirmation for a *request* for weekly spa passes from the pre-concierge that says $199 per person per week. I board later today, will let you know what the actual price is when I return..

Robin

Well she's here! All the fog and barges ruined the pix. Going over to Bermuda to watch the Dawn come in - hopefully to the dock. It's sunny in Bermuda :D! Hope they move that barge in front of the Visitor's Info building.

[quote name='joeski27']Thanks a lot English! Finally done packing & house cleaning, and I'm exhausted. Bed time, then off to Manhattan in the AM! :D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="DarkRed"][/COLOR][/SIZE]Enjoy your cruise Joeski. I hope you post some pictures of the room before you sail.

[quote name='Fishbait17']I have received written confirmation for a *request* for weekly spa passes from the pre-concierge that says $199 per person per week. I board later today, will let you know what the actual price is when I return..

Robin[/QUOTE]

Wow $199 pp that is just too much for us, I was on the fence at $149. Thanks for the info Robin.

[quote name='patter44']Well she's here! All the fog and barges ruined the pix. Going over to Bermuda to watch the Dawn come in - hopefully to the dock. It's sunny in Bermuda :D! Hope they move that barge in front of the Visitor's Info building.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will finish the new gangways on the other side of pier 88 soon so the Breakaway no longer needs to drop two lifeboats to dock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

[quote name='Fishbait17']I have received written confirmation for a *request* for weekly spa passes from the pre-concierge that says $199 per person per week. I board later today, will let you know what the actual price is when I return..

Robin[/QUOTE]

Dang..that's a lot. :eek:Plus they have gone up to $ 49 for ocean blue as well.....and Vibe prices were also inflated more than the original quotes.

My friend is getting off the breakaway now, so i should some pretty accurate information this week.
Its a good thing this is all optional.

Realizing, All that other stuff is nice but i dont NEED them to have a good time. I will just enjoy looking at everyone else's photos who did decide to slurge on those items. I can live with that:p

Just heard from my mil. My dh is on his way to pick them up at pier. She was on the May 12 sailing and not a clue about all that is talked about on CC. She said the ship is beautiful and had a fantastic time. She said the only thing they thought was "terrible" was Ocean Blue. She said her food was ok (she had the scallops) but it wasnt worth it. Now we live in NY and when we go out spend approx $200 a couple on food and drinks so its not the money. She said it was just ok. She said she also met someone waiting to walk in MDR who had just come from Ocean Blue that was going to have something else to eat since they were still hungry. My mil said she could not believe they charged her $3 for tea and no veggies on the plate or table but I knew that from here. I think I am not going to book Ocean Blue for July. She did, however, keep saying how beautiful and wonderful the ship was. Bon Voyage to all the May 19 sailors today. Wish the weather was nicer for you but sure you will be sailing into the sun!.

[quote name='tiffygirl']Dang..that's a lot. :eek:Plus they have gone up to $ 49 for ocean blue as well.....and Vibe prices were also inflated more than the original quotes.

My friend is getting off the breakaway now, so i should some pretty accurate information this week.
Its a good thing this is all optional.

Realizing, All that other stuff is nice but i dont NEED them to have a good time. I will just enjoy looking at everyone else's photos who did decide to slurge on those items. I can live with that:p[/QUOTE]

$49 for blue? :eek::eek::eek:

Archived