Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Yikes, that's small! I haven't seen the video, but if you open the sliding glass door do you step into one of the chairs? So you would need to move that out of the way in order to step out to the railing??

So glad I moved from a BC to a B1, hoping that the aft-facing balconies are deeper (snagged one on deck 12 ;) )

Yikes, that's small! I haven't seen the video, but if you open the sliding glass door do you step into one of the chairs? So you would need to move that out of the way in order to step out to the railing??

So glad I moved from a BC to a B1, hoping that the aft-facing balconies are deeper (snagged one on deck 12 ;) )

You are on the second deepest deck, trust me when I tell you, they are deep!

No, the M6 balconies are probably more than twice the depth, and this shot from back at the shipyard might show it best:

Thank you.

That balcony on that mini suit, is the smallest balcony I have ever seen :eek:

Wow, I have to say that besides the B6, B1 and M6....the other balconies appear way too small...smaller than any other ships. They may not even be worth the extra cost...looks as if 2 people sitting there would be hitting each others knees.

That one resembles several Carnival balconies I have seen... :eek:

Tom

Oh My! Really glad we have an aft on 12 now....those balconies are beyond tiny...if that is representative of many standard balconies then the reviews regarding that will probably not be very good.

Ohhh mmmm geeee!!!!!! I am depressed now! I have a mini-suite with a super mini balcony!!! Wowzers... I'm going to have serious balcony envy of Gamee and Joeski27 :(

My husband and I are both tall, I doubt we could both sit out there without our knees being crushed. Sadness!!!

On another note, do all mini-suites have bathtubs? I'm in a regular mini not a family.

Also, I just noticed something. It would seem lie the designers of the ship may realize how poorly designed the balconies are because the Getaway room(including balcony) are a whole 33sqft bigger on the mini-suites and 20sqft more on the regular balconies. Just wondering why they didn't fix this on the Breakaway.

Also, those hammocks....now don't go tearing up the dividers. I can see that happening, especially after a trip to the buffet.:p:D:eek:

The balconies are so big I don't think it will really matter. The one thing it may affect is how much shade each one gets. So at least you will get a nice tan :)

My husband said since the balcony is so wide, he didn't care if ours wasn't as deep as other decks....with a more shallow balcony, we'll see less deck and more water when we're INSIDE the room...at least that's what we think....I guess when there's nothing but water outside, when you look straight out, you'll see water! Lol either way, it's nice. But the 9th and 12th look like you could have a huge party!!!

Quick & dirty balcony comparison (and note, the furniture is exactly the same type, so use that for scale):

Epic balcony, and I believe the Epic's furniture is exactly the same for comparison sake:

Breakaway (screen grab from the Youtube video):

Capture.jpg

Wow....this is REALLY a joke.

Looks like the loungers have turquoise padded cushions? I'm looking at the suites on the back of the ship, I'm in a B1 back there, hope I get a lounger too.

I noticed the color but didn't think about the possibility of cushions! Lol I wish I didn't have 520+ days to go!!

Also, I just noticed something. It would seem lie the designers of the ship may realize how poorly designed the balconies are because the Getaway room(including balcony) are a whole 33sqft bigger on the mini-suites and 20sqft more on the regular balconies. Just wondering why they didn't fix this on the Breakaway.

Maybe it was too late, that could of changed the entire stats of the ship? Who knows, it is nice to know that they are fixing it in Getaway

I'm thinking extra $$$ spent for that AFT B1 was money well spent judging from the photos.

100% money well spent!

Archived