Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Was hoping to get a better pic of the AFT before the Breakaway got too far away but the camera guy was taking a break. :rolleyes:

Good job Curtis.

Quite a zoom on that webcam. Good shot of X going around St. Georges. Waiting to see if they do that for Breakaway :cool:.

Lol....apparently you and many others who have said the same as you are not as credible as others.

The idea of people thinking about canceling a vacation because of a resturant wait times on a new ship does not make sense to me. Especially when overall the ship has been getting great reviews.

And to be honest, NCL does not want those people cruising on their ships anyway, all they will do is put negative information out there. More space for people who love NCL like we do.

One person mentioned 60-90 minute wait, I have not read one review that said anything other than an hour wait. Maybe I missed it but some people read one bad thing and turn everything worse and exagerate. Not the kind of people we want to cruise with.

I can only speak for myself and with that, I would not and are not canceling a cruise soley due to restaurant wait times. However, slow/poor service bothers me which I experienced on the Jewel 50% of the time last year while dining in the MDR's which I was not happy with nor expected. Certainly not a new ship by any means.

Like many, I booked a cruise aboard the Breakaway when she was still being built partially based on artist renderings. She is a fine ship. No doubt. One that will make great memories for many passengers who sail her.

Bottom line. We all decide what we feel works for us and how much we are willing to pay and in return, what is expected. Not so sure the Breakaway is going to deliver for ME.

We have been on the Jewel 4 times and have never had a problem in any of the mdr's or specialty restaurants. This floors me that you had such horrible service, this is maybe one of those things where the timing might be because of what you are used to i.e. fast food or nice relaxing dinners.

We are leaving tomorrow for our Breakaway trip and I am sure a lot of what happens depends on how people perceive what others are saying. I think it is important that everyone goes in with an open mind and not thinking everything is going to be slow because then it probably will be.

Happy Travels to you All.....

We have been on the Jewel 4 times and have never had a problem in any of the mdr's or specialty restaurants. This floors me that you had such horrible service, this is maybe one of those things where the timing might be because of what you are used to i.e. fast food or nice relaxing dinners.
I never said specialty restaurants on the Jewel but in the MDR, it was hit and miss in regard to service. From breakfast to dinner. And I assure you I know the difference between fast food or a nice, relaxing dinner. And I still left a tip regardless as I don't fault the front man.

On the flip side, one in our party who sailed with us on the Jewel and who has sailed on various lines was just on the GEM about one month ago and said the food and service was much better compared to the Jewel a year ago. In fact, had an enjoyable cruise.

Perhaps we went on an off week. Don't know. All I do know is that while I enjoyed the cruise, service was certainly lacking to ME.

Hi all:

We are happy to hear that most seem to be experiencing a great cruise. We enjoy your pictures and comments.

We are booked in a Haven suite category S-5 for the January 5, 2014 cruise. We are interested in any pictures of the cabin and balcony.

And Gambee, thank you for all that you have done for those of us yet to be on the ship. Unfortunately, you will be returning to a New England weekend of rain and cold.

Bill and Linda

Hi all:

We are happy to hear that most seem to be experiencing a great cruise. We enjoy your pictures and comments.

We are booked in a Haven suite category S-5 for the January 5, 2014 cruise. We are interested in any pictures of the cabin and balcony.

And Gambee, thank you for all that you have done for those of us yet to be on the ship. Unfortunately, you will be returning to a New England weekend of rain and cold.

Bill and Linda

We're in a S5 for our June 30th cruise. I'll take some pics of the room and balcony. :D

Hi all:

Bill and Linda

I too was thinking that those on the ship (not from the North east) are going to be thinking we have horrible weather all the time. When they left it was rainy and cool and its supposed to be windy and cool for Memorial Day weekend!!! However, here in NJ, we had 3 1/2 GREAT days this week, 3 being over 80!

My daughters were used to wearing tank tops and shorts all week...I had to take them jackets for them to wear home from school!!:eek:

Lol....apparently you and many others who have said the same as you are not as credible as others.

The idea of people thinking about canceling a vacation because of a resturant wait times on a new ship does not make sense to me. Especially when overall the ship has been getting great reviews.

Current CC review rating only at 58%. Granted it's early yet, but 58% is NOT great overall. Considering what I've heard so far, I probably would have cancelled my June reservation and waited for more reviews to trickle in. Too late for that now...let's hope these are kinks which can be quickly resolved.

Ok....I'm becoming even more concerned. About a week ago, I made some reservations for dinner and shows with the Haven concierge....mainly because the NCL website is just about non functional at this point. Had some minor difficulty because most shows are not performed every night of the week. This takes some surprising coordination with dinner times and dates. Called back today to add some more reservations and change Cirque from premium to standard seating after reading the info here. Almost all speciality restuarants are completely booked for parties of five. Can't even get in at 5:30! Unable to change Cirque seating...sold out with a month to go. Yikes. This new version of "freestyle" is becoming a little too stressful for me.

We have looked there. We are puzzled that the S-5 balconies are listed as 48 to 69 square feet. Our TA advised us (after speaking with Norwegian) that the S-5 balconies are 54 square feet. We are familiar a 54 square foot balcony because that is the size of the balconies on the Celebrity Solstice class ships. We will be uncomfortable with anything that is smaller. Also, we are interested in the depth of the balcony.

Current CC review rating only at 58%. Granted it's early yet, but 58% is NOT great overall. Considering what I've heard so far, I probably would have cancelled my June reservation and waited for more reviews to trickle in. Too late for that now...let's hope these are kinks which can be quickly resolved.

So is cruise critic the only source you all go by? Have you read some of the ridiculousness that have been written folks were complaining about in these cruise critic reviews?:rolleyes: During last weeks sailing many folks were tweeting live off the ship ..they were travel agents and travel blog writers and travel writers for cnn, and usa today. Anyway one after the other they were all saying the same thing. Breakaway great ship, fabulous time, blah,blah blah..my point is dont make cruise critic your ONLY source for research and reviews.its still early and expect things may not be where thet should be, and some communication breakdown is inedible early on. Also, You may not be getting the full pictures in its entirety.

Hell, how many times you bought or heard of new cars.that were put on the showroom ready to be sold and find out later there's been a recall on make and model due to bad part, ect. .it happens, right?...new does not necessarily means everything will be perfect... In any business...imho

My point is dont jump ship just yet. Let them work on some corrective actions first to improve the situations.

Anyway, Have a great cruise!#:D

Ok....I'm becoming even more concerned. About a week ago, I made some reservations for dinner and shows with the Haven concierge....mainly because the NCL website is just about non functional at this point. Had some minor difficulty because most shows are not performed every night of the week. This takes some surprising coordination with dinner times and dates. Called back today to add some more reservations and change Cirque from premium to standard seating after reading the info here. Almost all speciality restuarants are completely booked for parties of five. Can't even get in at 5:30! Unable to change Cirque seating...sold out with a month to go. Yikes. This new version of "freestyle" is becoming a little too stressful for me.

They only release 33% of the reservations prior to the cruise. That means that two-thirds of dining and show reservations are still available to be booked when you board. Don't stress! :)

58% is definitely not great, but that includes only two Bermuda cruises. I would ignore this number and monitor people's opinions of the Bermuda cruises. The algorithm is maybe a little goofy too; there's a guy who did the NY two-day who rated everything five stars except getting on board, and that translated into a three-star rating.

You will be able to make the changes you want onboard with the concierge. Only a percentage of reservations are available for advanced bookings and always some head for the concierge onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived