Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

The Haven dome looks really nice and she's definitely designed with New York weather in mind. I wonder if Getaway will have a dome too.

Sort of wish the opening is bigger though.

Edit: The entire ship just leaned over to the starboard side between the last 2 frames, anyone see that? Hope she didn't bump the pier lol.

Edit 2: Hot tubs on the top deck by the Haven dome. Nice!

Would the Captain be on the bridge for this float out?

Is the ship all closed up, It's cold out there?

Are the ships engines running to at least supply heat/power?

Are they using any of the ships propulsion or thrusters for this maneuver?

Are we expecting surprises or new discoveries from this new angle/exposure?

TIA

I see one for me at least. Small moveable skylight/roof for Haven.

Would the Captain be on the bridge for this float out? Don't think so, it's not NCL's ship yet.

Is the ship all closed up, It's cold out there? It's Winter, but I'm not sure how cold Germany's Winters get. People on the other cam are wearing jackets though.

Are the ships engines running to at least supply heat/power? Tugs only today.

Are they using any of the ships propulsion or thrusters for this maneuver? Don't think so.

Are we expecting surprises or new discoveries from this new angle/exposure?

Who knows, you'll always find new things seeing the ship for the first time. It's fun seeing the differences or things you don't see in the renderings.

TIA

I see one for me at least. Small moveable skylight/roof for Haven.

:).

Does anyone else find the green framing on the glass panels up to the top to look a bit cheap and ugly?

I'm sure that's just protective tape or something.

I don't really understand deck 7 and 8 towards the front. Where is the boardwalk..further back?

Ya, in the renderings this forward portion is from the deck below the boardwalk. There should be some inflatable rafts and a rubber dingy on this deck. Not sure if it's a passenger accessible area or not. Hope so.

I was just watching the live video feed. Exciting development!! A person walking their 2 or 3 dogs!!

:D

Edit: First blew of the horn? Or was that the tug lol.

I don't really understand deck 7 and 8 towards the front. Where is the boardwalk..further back?

Yes, boardwalk is on 8 - starts at the second bumpout so should be coming into view soon.

That first set of balconies on 8 are really big.

Speaking of Donald, she looks like the Disney Dream class ships head on. ;)

Ya the Dream does too, her superstructure are also tucked in from her hull.

When it's all said and done, Meyer Werft can probably build a ship close to 200,000 tonnes in the current shed. Lots of width for these ships to grow without widening the hull.

Edit 1: Here comes the boardwalk.

Edit 2: Not a very big set of stairs leading from the top of the pool (deck 16) to deck 17 forward and the freestyle sundeck. I guess they don't expect many people to venture onto deck 17+. :p

Still don't know what that giant white box is on the pool deck (deck 16 forward). Looks like it's got an entrance/exit on all 3 sides.

Edit: Nevermind. On the deck plan it's the elevators, staircase, washroom and kids area. Still looks odd and just not very nice that it's just white aluminum on the outside though. Maybe it's got other ship components inside.

Edit 2: Here comes the pool area, hopefully it won't look too small.

Still don't know what that giant white box is on the pool deck (deck 16 forward). Looks like it's got an entrance/exit on all 3 sides.

Edit: Nevermind. On the deck plan it's the elevators, staircase, washroom and kids area. Still looks odd and just not very nice that it's just white aluminum on the outside though. Maybe it's got other ship components inside.

Edit 2: Here comes the pool area, hopefully it won't look too small.

Usually the kids areas are brightly painted - maybe they have it covered up with something white or maybe it is still to be painted.

Archived