Veendam 8/19/12 delayed boarding

sppunk

Capt. Marco Carsjens;)

Bo'sun, Bosun, or 'Boats', from Boatswain; the supervisor in charge of all sailors; responsible for, among other things, the external condition of the ship. All exterior washing down, painting, varnishing, etc. is done by the sailors under his and the

Asst. Bosun's supervision.

Enjoy Veendam & Bermuda!

I'm also currently on board the Veedam. The delay in boarding created hardship for many passengers as there were not enough chairs in the small part of the terminal open to passengers. My husband and I stood waiting for embarkation for hours, then finally decided to sit on the floor of the terminal. Many had not eaten for hours by the time embarkation was permitted, so the Lido was understandably chaotic. Room service was unavailable (I was told by the staff member who finally answered the phone that the USPH inspectors were not permitting room service at that time). We attended the muster drill as required - more standing and waiting, without having eaten anything for over 10 hours, and it would be two+ hours before our dinner was served.

There's more to follow, but it's a long story at high internet costs.

Oh,BTW, the maintenance on the ship continues. A barge with heavy equipment is tied up to the ship on the port ...loud machinery sounds and unpleasant odors most of the day (Tuesday). So much for paying premium prices for a veranda suite balcony :-(

Unhappily noticing quite a difference from the same voyage we took on the Veendam to Bermuda last May. Could it be that Corporate reasoning is that it doesn't matter much as there is only the rest of this voyage and one more next week? -S.

I'm also currently on board the Veedam. The delay in boarding created hardship for many passengers as there were not enough chairs in the small part of the terminal open to passengers. My husband and I stood waiting for embarkation for hours, then finally decided to sit on the floor of the terminal. Many had not eaten for hours by the time embarkation was permitted, so the Lido was understandably chaotic. Room service was unavailable (I was told by the staff member who finally answered the phone that the USPH inspectors were not permitting room service at that time). We attended the muster drill as required - more standing and waiting, without having eaten anything for over 10 hours, and it would be two+ hours before our dinner was served.

There's more to follow, but it's a long story at high internet costs.

Oh,BTW, the maintenance on the ship continues. A barge with heavy equipment is tied up to the ship on the port ...loud machinery sounds and unpleasant odors most of the day (Tuesday). So much for paying premium prices for a veranda suite balcony :-(

Unhappily noticing quite a difference from the same voyage we took on the Veendam to Bermuda last May. Could it be that Corporate reasoning is that it doesn't matter much as there is only the rest of this voyage and one more next week? -S.

Salacia,

I am so sad for you..........I remember from your posts that you were so looking forward to this cruise. We board this coming Sunday 8/26 . I sure hope Corporate cares enough to make this a wonderful experience for everyone on board. I hope we don't have a problem boarding. My DH is doing great after open heart surgery last year but any stress like what you described really concerns me for him. Did you have to wait with all your baggage or were you able to have it checked in just when you arrived at the terminal?

If you hear anything about the upcoming cruise logistics please post either here or on our Veendam 8/26 CC Roll call. Would sincerely appreciate. I hope by now you are finally enjoying Bermuda. We have a S balcony suite also harbor side and I sure hope, as you said, it is worth the $$$$$$.

All the best for the rest of your cruise.

Archived