Veendam 8/19/12 delayed boarding

sppunk

Bon voyage sppunk and Veendam. Thank you Lou and Dave for another awesome sailaway. Unfortunately (well not really), this will be my last Veendam webcam sailaway. After church next Sunday the Airport Shuttle is taking me to BWI where I'll board a train to New York. I am scheduled to arrive Penn Station at 4:35 and plan to start walking down 29th Street with a hope of catching a live glimpse on her final sailaway to Bermuda.

Roy

Just off the Veendam as you were getting on! There were fire drills and alot of anticipation from the crew to be able to answer questions posed to them by I think the Coast Guard? One crew member stated that they weren't allowed to get anything wrong, when asked.

I'll ask DH if he remembers anymore details.

Sounds like delay was due to a faux pax on someone's part?

Greetings from Hamikton!

Via our captain (Marcos I can't spell his last name!) the delay was due to the main galkey's main water line breaking and flooding it completely.

I'll post more later but must say Verbdam looks terrific from the outside. The bolsum (sp?) is employee of the month and the captain congratulated him for his work. To quote the captain, "Veendam hasn't looked this good in many, many years."

They are inspecting carpet for replacement today in stairwells too.

Greetings from Hamikton!

Via our captain (Marcos I can't spell his last name!) the delay was due to the main galkey's main water line breaking and flooding it completely.

I'll post more later but must say Verbdam looks terrific from the outside. The bolsum (sp?) is employee of the month and the captain congratulated him for his work. To quote the captain, "Veendam hasn't looked this good in many, many years."

They are inspecting carpet for replacement today in stairwells too.

Thanks for the update.

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise.

Archived