Deposits for Guides

barbon2

Hi,

For those who have used guides in France/Italy, how did you go about paying a deposit? Some participate with Paypal which is fine, but how about the ones who want a credit card?

Barb

I have been on 2 Med cruises (and going on our 3rd in Sept) and I have never had to give a deposit for a tour? I have had to give them a cc# to hold my reservation, but I have always had the option to pay in cash at the end of the tour. You may want to check out this tour company on trip advisor/frommers etc and make sure that they are reputable.

Thanks,

I really meant give a credit card to hold the tour. I still prefer to go thru Paypal rather then give my numbers online.

Some of the tour companies in the Provence area are smaller so I have not gotten as many reviews on them. In Italy I would not hesitate to give Rome-in-Limo a card #.

Thanks again,

Barb

Thanks,

I really meant give a credit card to hold the tour. I still prefer to go thru Paypal rather then give my numbers online.

Some of the tour companies in the Provence area are smaller so I have not gotten as many reviews on them. In Italy I would not hesitate to give Rome-in-Limo a card #.

Thanks again,

Barb

I doubt any of them are as big as the company you mentioned. But I would think your credit card company would back you up if you're nervous about problems. You are better off using a credit card than sending them a payment through PayPal. One of my favorite tours was through a company in Provence. But if you really feel uncomfortable, you can always a rent a car or take a train.

Also, some of the best tours I have been on (walking tours and driver tours) have required some form of deposit. These include tours in Paris, Scotland, and Liverpool.

I made an overseas phone call to a company in France to give them a credit card number for a deposit on a tour in Normandy for May 2013 several months ago. The company is not charging the card until January - the year that the tour is actually going to take place. I thought that was very nice.

Archived