Probably a dumb question about upgrading at the pier - Dream

GatorTide

DH, DD and I are going on the Dream next month. Right now we have an outside stateroom but I would kind of like to upgrade to a balcony. We could do it online now for $300 but would it be cheaper to wait and see what happens when we check in at the port? I don't know how that works. I'll be fine if we keep our original room, but if we could get a balcony for a little bit more, that would be great too! I presume it's based on occupancy and how many rooms are left? TIA.

DH, DD and I are going on the Dream next month. Right now we have an outside stateroom but I would kind of like to upgrade to a balcony. We could do it online now for $300 but would it be cheaper to wait and see what happens when we check in at the port? I don't know how that works. I'll be fine if we keep our original room, but if we could get a balcony for a little bit more, that would be great too! I presume it's based on occupancy and how many rooms are left? TIA.

You can either go ahead a get the upsell now. Or wait until you get to the port. If you wait, AND THERE ARE ROOMS AVAILABLE, you will be able to upsell there for a lesser amount. If you wait, you are taking a chance there may not be any rooms available. Your call.

The procedure, if you decide to wait, is once you check in at the port, go over to the supervisors desk (I think it's on the right, but ask the checkin person) and ask if there are any rooms available for you to upgrade your current room. That's where they handle it.

:)

We have done purchased at the port and it went very well. Figure out what your budget is going to be and ask to purchase and upgrade if available. Do not limit yourself to certain level, but ask what is available and at what prices. You might have a very pleasant surprise.

We had booked an ov guarantee, and when we checked in at San Diego, we were pleasantly surprised to receive a lovely balcony cabin,at no cost, where we could sit and watch the wake,... fantastic!:)

We had booked an ov guarantee, and when we checked in at San Diego, we were pleasantly surprised to receive a lovely balcony cabin,at no cost, where we could sit and watch the wake,... fantastic!:)

Yes, well, free upgrades can happen. They are not guraranteed.

Obviously this wasn't Disney, though, as they don't sail from San Diego.

:)

Archived