Progresso Review

We just got off the Elation yesterday! We really enjoyed it at Progresso! We just got off the bus and walked to the beach. A couple of us walked along the beach and found a restaurant called Flamingos. It's right along the beach wall. So, we went there for lunch. It was AWESOME!!! We walked in and knew that we had found the right place. The people were friendly and the food was VERY reasonable. Then, we went to the beach. I've heard some people comment that the beach is comparable to Galveston. NOT TRUE! The water and sand is MUCH prettier in Progresso! True, it's not Cozumel, but it was a great first port.

One guy in our group wanted to see the ruins. Our waiter suggested we go to the taxi station and that it would be about $18 to take us both to the nearest ones. Well, we found a taxi and he wanted $50 to take us there and back!! :eek: We asked how much it would be if he just took us there -- $35! Well, we didn't want to spend that kind of money, so we just hung out at the beach drinking beer (Corona tastes SO much better on the beach!!). Then, we went shopping in the little market by the bus stop. The prices are incredibly reasonable! Don't hold back on the shopping here! You won't find prices like these anywhere else!

Have fun!! Kim:D

Kim,

It sounds as if you found the proper attitude for professional cruising. Go with the flow, think positive and drink $1 Coronas. Yes, life is good. I could get into trouble in Progreso. You see, I have a little Indian blood and alcohol tends to bring it out of me. One beer and I go on the warpath and 2, I try to do a fertility dance.:eek: Miss Ginger said that it is not a pretty sight, but I don't remember.:o However, it is hard to pass up $1 Coronas.

Have a great day and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

Kim .... Really enjoyed your review!!! Glad to hear you say the beach was pretty after reading many negative reviews.

Kim ... & ... Clackey :D Is Flamingo's where you buy the $1 Coronas ... or was it another place?

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Hola Ocruisers,

The Corona tents are closer to the pier, but if memory serves me right, you can see the tents from Flamingos. Correct me if I am wrong. My memory tends to get a little fuzzy the older that I get.

Clackey

• 3 weeks later...
Then, we went to the beach. I've heard some people comment that the beach is comparable to Galveston. NOT TRUE! The water and sand is MUCH prettier in Progresso! True, it's not Cozumel, but it was a great first port.

Have fun!! Kim:D

I agree - the beach and water are quite nice in Progreso!

Archived