When you go on an excursion, what do you take with you?

sweetcurves

I'm wondering what sort of bag or backpack to bring with me for when I get off the ship. My ports of call are Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

On Key West we are planning on parasailing and then a hop on/off trolley tour of the island.

Grand Cayman, just a beach day with a little shopping.

Ocho Rios I haven't yet decided but something safe and fairly inexpensive.

I was thinking one of those drawstring backpack things would work best as it won't take up room in my luggage and I can pack a few things in it.

What do you normally use? And what do you bring with you off the boat? Just you? Your towel? Sunscreen obviously, and some money, but otherwise, I have no idea.

Have only been on four cruises. For shopping off the ship use a cross body bag with ID & $. Also have a zip top bag to carry purchases or if going to the beach to carry towels, sunscreen & small ziplock bags for shells.

I agree, perfect answer. Take the least amount of stuff you have to. I take one credit card, a little cash for tips and shopping, and of course you need your Sail & Sign card to get back on the ship. Never, ever had anything stolen anywhere I've ever traveled to, by land, sea, or air. :D I usually put my money and ID inside of a waterproof box that hangs from a cord around my neck or I put it around my waist if I'm snorkeling.

waterproof container for money/credit cards and copies of passports along with ship card

camera / underwater camera

bottled water

beach towels

extra change of clothing if needed - wear our swimsuites off the ship because we almost always snorkel or beach

water shoes / snorkel set

All packed in a backpack or a netted beach bag that is breathable for a long day......also collect shells and sometimes liquor!

SUNSCREEN / shades

Box of cherios to feed to fish

Good to go for 6+ hours

All of the above, plus I take a small pack of tissues, a small pack of anti bacterial wetwipes, and a very small first aid kit, containing antiseptic wipes, plasters, painkillers, imodium, and tweezers.

I'm wondering what sort of bag or backpack to bring with me for when I get off the ship. My ports of call are Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

On Key West we are planning on parasailing and then a hop on/off trolley tour of the island.

I was thinking one of those drawstring backpack things would work best as it won't take up room in my luggage and I can pack a few things in it.

What do you normally use? And what do you bring with you off the boat? Just you? Your towel? Sunscreen obviously, and some money, but otherwise, I have no idea.

We have this bright, fluorescent orange beach bag that we take on our cruises. It is made of foam and folds flat. It's so old-we bought it at Bradlees! (Any New Englanders remember Bradlees?)

In our bag, we take: towels, hats, sunscreen, my DSLR camera bag, bottles of water. On my DH, we carry a waterproof pouch that holds our S&S cards, licenses, credit card and cash. He keeps that in his zipped pocket.

The bag has become kind of a joke for us. We make sure it is in at least one picture with us per cruise.

It's so old-we bought it at Bradlees! (Any New Englanders remember Bradlees?)

I cannot honestly contribute to this thread since our first cruise is in 12 days or so.

I just wanted to comment on the Bradlees. I am not from New England but from New Jersey. I remember that store from when I was just a kid in the 70's. It closed up soon after I turned 6 or so. But thanks for the memory. :D

I cannot honestly contribute to this thread since our first cruise is in 12 days or so.

I just wanted to comment on the Bradlees. I am not from New England but from New Jersey. I remember that store from when I was just a kid in the 70's. It closed up soon after I turned 6 or so. But thanks for the memory. :D

Enjoy your first cruise! May it not be your last.

We used to love shopping at Bradlees. It's been closed, what-about 17 years now? We bought so many great bargains there.

I made the mistake of using a messenger bag as my port bag. Don't do it. I did it because I wanted a bag to go across my body that I could pull around front so I could watch it.

All that weight on one shoulder while walking killed me. Killed!

This time I'm using a back pack.

Inside I packed/am packing.

TOWEL. Not a cruise ship towel because i don't want to replace them if I lose it. My $10 Walmart towel Is also smaller and less bulky

WALLET to hold money, S&S, drivers license, and excursion tickets

SUNSCREEN I burn if I just think about being in the sun

CELLPHONE I am never without it, especially in a different country.

CHANGE OF CLOTHES so I dont walk around wet

NAPROXEN headaches will ruin port days in a minute.

CAMERA SPARE MEMORY CARD AND BATTERY always gotta have!

SNORKEL GEAR we bought our own. We will be snorkeling in at least two ports and using everyone else's is kind of gross

BOTTLE OF WATER. I get thirsty easily.

Unfortunately last time I also had to pack tampons. Here's to hoping not again this year!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We bought (from Amazon.com) an extreme sports waterproof pouch that goes around the neck. We already owned another one (maybe Lewis & Clark?). We wore those with our ship card, whatever ID needed, money, credit card and a water proof camera. I didn't want to have anything that couldn't get wet because at each port I wanted to be able to jump in the water and not worry about valuables on the beach. It worked out great! I swam several times with the pouch on and it was 100% waterproof and never a bother. Much easier than carrying a purse.

Archived