The food supplied on P&O

So i am going on the pac Jewel in december and im just wondering what the buffet foods are like? i dont plan on spending money to often in resturants and im just cuious as to what kind of foods they supply as part of the cruise. also is the food served through out the day or at certain times?

Hi

You will find that there are a number of options that are included in your fare, The Plantation Restaurant, which is a Bistro/Buffet style Restaurant and the Waterfront Restaurant which is basicaly the main full service dining room. There is no aditional charge for eating at either of these venues.

I haven't been on Pacific Jewel but have been on both the Pacific Sun and Pacific Pearl and found the food in the buffet to be OK, but nothing special and the meals in the Waterfront to be excellent. On Pacific Pearl they also have a deck grill that serves burgers, etc which is also free during the day in you want a quick lunch or breaky, in the evening they charge and have things like garlic prawns etc. I don't know whether they have a deck grill on Pacific Jewel.

Apart from Coffee/chocolate cafe, you will find two additional eating venues which incur additional charges. These the speciality restaurants Salt Grill (celebrity chef Luke Mangan's restaurant) and La Luna (Asian fusion).

Salt Grill is fantastic and highly recommended but I don't know anything about La Luna because I think it's only available on Pacific Jewel and Pacific Dawn.

If you go to P&O's website there are sample menus to check out. Hope this helps:)

On sea days on the Jewel, we ate lunch in the Waterfront Dining Room. Rarely a line for a table and some excellent lunch choices. Much more pleasant than the buffet restaurant, where competition for a table could be strong. We liked the luxury of being waited on, especially me and you could choose a larger table if you were feeling sociable or a table for two if you preferred. In the evening for dinner, we really liked the side dishes you could order to complement the main course and that you could order several small dishes and entrees if you were not especially hungry. We ate in both Salt and La Luna, both fine but I would not be concerned if next time we stuck to the Waterfront. If you find a table you like in the evening and waiters you are happy with, book that table again on your way out. The waiters will get to know your likes and dislikes and help you with menu selections - well ours did. Enjoy. Colleen

There is also a grill on the jewel. They have pies and chips and hot dogs. All free. You can also get very nice rolls made up with all types of fillings. The buffet is ok. We like the buffet for breaky and lunch and The Waterfront for dinner. But in saying that we did go to the Waterfront on a couple of occasions for lunch. Nice menu. You can eat for free if you don't want to go to La Luna or The Salt grill. By the way, Have tried the La Luna, not impressed.

Hi desirebedesire,

Ive just come off the Jewel today. As others have said, the included options are the Plantation buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the waterfront restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the grill for breakfast and lunch (they are also open late at night and you can purchase things like pizzas, chips, etc). We tended to have dinner in the waterfront restaurant and alternate breakfast and lunch between the buffet and restaurant depending on what we felt like. The Waterfront restaurant was not open for lunch on Port days. We found the food in the buffet to be good, with plenty of choice, however getting a table was sometimes a problem. The Waterfront for dinner was fantastic, smallish portions, but after 3 courses you felt satisfied and you can order as many sides as you like to accompany your main meal. We also had dinner at the Salt Grill, and it was amazing!

Hope this helps :)

We find that the waterfront restaurant is the best for all meals and limits the amount of hands that touch the food and less chance of getting sick, un like the buffet.

Archived