Teen/Tween mani/pedi spa day

tayzia00

Hello all!!!

I will be taking my 3rd Carnival cruise with my 2 DS (9 and 7) and my DD (12) on Carnvial Destiny December 10-15. This will be their first cruise ever. I have them pre-registered with Camp Carnival and Circle C. I am wondering if anyone has recently been on Carnival Destiny and knows if they do any mani/pedi for the teens/tweens. Or even if they do any mother/daughter spa day packages on board. I would love to make this trip special for her as we will be celebrating her birthday while onboard:D. Any feedback is grately appreciated!!!

Hello all!!!

I will be taking my 3rd Carnival cruise with my 2 DS (9 and 7) and my DD (12) on Carnvial Destiny December 10-15. This will be their first cruise ever. I have them pre-registered with Camp Carnival and Circle C. I am wondering if anyone has recently been on Carnival Destiny and knows if they do any mani/pedi for the teens/tweens. Or even if they do any mother/daughter spa day packages on board. I would love to make this trip special for her as we will be celebrating her birthday while onboard:D. Any feedback is grately appreciated!!!

We are going on the Splendor in September for my birthday as well as dd's 13th while on board.. and she would like to do something similar to what you are talking about. The spa prices are pretty high... but I have been told that they do run specials during port days... so I will be looking out for those...

I can also let you know when I come back too...

( I know it's not your ship.. but the spas are pretty standard across the fleet )

I seem to remember that there was some sort of thing like this (for teen girls) on my last cruise. Don't have the FunTimes, but I always do a spa tour and register for the drawings when I board.

Look at recent reviews and see if anyone has posted the FunTimes for your ship. Or check Mr. Heald's blog or Facebook page. I believe he's posted the FunTimes for several cruises there.

I had mine and DD's nails done on our 2nd cruise (the RCI one), after we boarded and they did a horrible job and it was insanely expensive. After that, we always went the day before we left and had them done locally. That became one of our pre-cruise rituals.

The only spa things I do now are the $99 special where you can choose from multiple options (I get the massage and mini-facial).

If you do choose to do this, I hope their specials are better than their regular prices.

I sent hubby for a pedi one cruise because he forgot to go beforehand, (and you know how pretty mens feet are!) and was going to be wearing sandals. It cost us $75. Ouch! 3X what we pay at home.

You might want to do this ahead of the cruise and spend extra money for an extra special excursion instead. You will get more for your money that way.

If nothing else, the cakes they offer from Bon Voyage are delicious, especially the white with strawberry and custard filling. The cake presented at dinner with the waiters making a fuss would be memorable as well.

I am sure your daughter is worth whatever the cost of the spa is if that is what she really wants to do. I just think there are some less expensive alternatives that will allow you more for your money.

Whatever you choose, have a great trip and enjoy!

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I did look into their cakes and that might be an option for me. We are staying at the ICH in Miami for 2 nights pre-cruise. Maybe I can find a salon and have a mother/daughter day of pampering that way. It may just cost me a bit less than cruise ship prices. Or even do this locally at a salon where I live.

Archived