c.c newsletter

akruz

In last newsletter, it stated that there was a great labor day sale with a large TA. Has anyone used the newsletter for finding deals and taking advantage of sales mentioned in this newsletter. It was mentioned somewhere on c.c. threads that Black Friday has a really good sale.

Just curious if anyone takes notes of the sales mention or has a different strategy for finding a deal.

I know I want to do the panama or Hawaii in March or April of 2013. The cruiseline is not important at this point (have cruised with princess, celebrity). I just do the local and it is for high occassions like anniv., etc. and never really received any specials, etc accept once for being over 55. Now, I want to find the information and than book with more options. the problem is to find a nice itinerary and decent price and all I want is oceanview (as that is the most I want to pay) as I do not live in the room except to sleep, shower, dress. It seems from the people who are on the cruise critic have gone on several cruises and I just want to know how do you do the research. Do you look for the big names TA as per the newsletter or go to the specific cruiselines sites or wait for the Tuesday specials (which to date I have received zip and I checked my spam mail!)

Help! Sorry for the winded question but I need you guys for help.

I know I want to do the panama or Hawaii in March or April of 2013. The cruiseline is not important at this point (have cruised with princess, celebrity). I just do the local and it is for high occassions like anniv., etc. and never really received any specials, etc accept once for being over 55. Now, I want to find the information and than book with more options. the problem is to find a nice itinerary and decent price and all I want is oceanview (as that is the most I want to pay) as I do not live in the room except to sleep, shower, dress. It seems from the people who are on the cruise critic have gone on several cruises and I just want to know how do you do the research. Do you look for the big names TA as per the newsletter or go to the specific cruiselines sites or wait for the Tuesday specials (which to date I have received zip and I checked my spam mail!)

Help! Sorry for the winded question but I need you guys for help.

How about all of the above plus some. I do get specials sent from different online agencies; just type in something like 'cruise bargains' and go to some of the sites that come up; sign up to receive specials by email.

I do check the cruise line sites, especially ones I have cruised with before. Sometimes you can get better rates (past passenger) if you log in. I've booked direct with the cruise line a couple of times.

I sometimes research the sales advertised on Cruise Critic, though so far I've never booked through any of them. I have one online agency I've used several times that gives good service. I also use cruise compete if I have a certain itinerary/date/ship in mind.

Since we are flexible as to date and not particular as to room (always a balcony, though) we wait until 2-3 months out to book. All this takes some patience and know-how, but it gets easier as you figure out the way it all works.

How about all of the above plus some. I do get specials sent from different online agencies; just type in something like 'cruise bargains' and go to some of the sites that come up; sign up to receive specials by email.

I do check the cruise line sites, especially ones I have cruised with before. Sometimes you can get better rates (past passenger) if you log in. I've booked direct with the cruise line a couple of times.

I sometimes research the sales advertised on Cruise Critic, though so far I've never booked through any of them. I have one online agency I've used several times that gives good service. I also use cruise compete if I have a certain itinerary/date/ship in mind.

Since we are flexible as to date and not particular as to room (always a balcony, though) we wait until 2-3 months out to book. All this takes some patience and know-how, but it gets easier as you figure out the way it all works.

Thankyou for giving me something to work with it is very appreciated.

Archived