Family of four - best cabin

ladylemondrop

Generally people seem to consider the aft balconies the best ones because of the view.

On the other hand with a big ship like Epic that also means the maximum walking distance to for example buffet which is at the very front of the ship.

Personally I would not book only one (standard) cabin for four people. My daughters are teenagers and we have been able to book adjoining cabins even though they were under 18 at the time.

How old are your family ?

Our boys are 10 and 14 at time of travel, its only for a week, and we tend to only change and sleep in cabin, but hubby would still like a balcony, just wondered if Epic has any "special" cabins (there are some on celebrity ships we have sailed) where the balcony is over sized etc?

Basically, can anyone point me in the right direction of a deck, cabin category or something i can look at to try and price this holiday, as this is my first NCL experience...? I have a small concern about the smoking issue on board - is it really as bad as people say?

Basically, can anyone point me in the right direction of a deck, cabin category or something i can look at to try and price this holiday, as this is my first NCL experience...? I have a small concern about the smoking issue on board - is it really as bad as people say?

No.

We had a 4 person balcony. Tight fit, but sleeping arrangements are good and lots of storage. You will need to be on deck 13 or 14, as those are the decks with "family" staterooms that can hold 4

We were in 14022, but I suggest a room that does not connect because you lose some closet space

On 14 we really liked the extra overhang over our balcony and short walk up to the garden cafe and pool deck. There are some rooms with larger than normal balconies at the edge of the hump. You can see these in deck plans. If I was at my computer I would give examples

I have lots of epic info in my signature. You can see pics of a 4 person balcony in my review. Make sure you are aware Of and comfortable with the epics unique bathroom layout

Enjoy! The epic is our favorite ship!

Edit: pulled up a plan. Take a look at the following 4 person rooms for a large balcony: 14047, 14069 (does not connect), 14088, 13026, 13056, 13067, 13075, 13056, 13041, 13165, 13213, 13206

Might also price a family mini-suite. It will give you more room ( longer than a standard balcony) but does NOT get suite amenities (name is deceiving). You won't find an oversized balcony though

Archived