Which ship for Hawaii 2013 and 2014?

Go-Bucks!

I just got off the Sapphire on Aug 25, 2012 & David Cole said he will be going for a 2 months holiday at the end of the month. He will return to the Sapphire to do the Hawaii itinerary afterwards.

I was surprised he was going on holiday so soon because I sailed on the Sapphire to Hawaii with him from Mar 10-24, 2012 & David told us he was going for going on holiday for 2 months at the end of March.

David Cole tells us he sails for 4 months & takes a 2 months holiday.

That is great news as it means he will be back for our New Year's sailing! Thanks so much for sharing that information. He was on break for our last two cruises on the Golden and we missed his enthusiasm and personal approach. Since we won't have Elua on the Sapphire I'm so elated to know that we will still have David!

Dave we feel like traders. This year we are going on Sapphire. It was a hard decision, but being home for Christmas and on our way to HI for New Years Eve was too hard to pass up.

Besides, Gil ends up wanting more uke's when he's in your classes (and just how many can we bring home on the plane!), and I'm hoping he'll be happy with the 6 he has.

We appreciate your patience with your very large classes, and you have certainly played a big part in getting him interested in the uke.

We have enjoyed you and your wife so much..I bet the entertainment on the Sapphire can't hold a candle to you guys!

Doris

Aloha Doris,

Mahalo nui for all the kind words. While we would love everyone to be on our particular ship, we understand that certain ships fit into certain peoples schedules and/or circumstances. We donʻt consider anyone who cruises on another Hawaiʻi ship a "traitor"...itʻs all good as long as you enjoy your time.:)

You will be in very good hands over on the Sapphire, as I believe David Cole might be there for that cruise as CD. I also know that Princess has been and continues to make a big effort to have Hawaiian culture and activities on ALL the ships that go to Hawaiʻi...so as we see it, itʻs a win win for the guests. They get to choose the ships they love, and still get a great Hawaiʻi experience.

Tell Gil to keep strumming, and maybe we will see you all on the ships down the road.

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

Just wanted to ask all wonderful expert cruisers. When is it the best time to take a Hawaii cruise.

Aloha,

We live on the Big Island and are taking the Star Princess in April from L.A. Mainly for the Sea Days and that we have been to all the ports before so no need to get off the ship. Anyway, we are doing April because the weather is usually nicer, less Trade Winds and no chance of a Tropical Depression causing rough weather and even worse a Hurricane. Hurricane season here runs into Nov. There have only been a few in the last 60 years in Oct., but then, it only takes one to mess up a cruise. In April there is more of a chance of a Low Pressure area in the North Pacific that will cut off the Trades and make for a nice flat water cruise. In Oct. we are just at the end of our summer and High Pressure can exist in the North Pacific so the Trade Winds blow. When I brought a 30' Sailboat over from Seattle we went in April/May, but then we guessed wrong for the North Pacific and went through 3 Gales until we got South of 35 dg. North Latitude, then all was nice for the rest of the trip.

Anyway, we are hoping for a normal April weather pattern for 2013, but then any time we are cruising is better than not cruising.

Herb

• 1 month later...

I've been looking to plan a trip on Golden found that when we want to go (2014) that it is not running the Hawaii itinerary. Does anyone know if and when it will rotate back to Hawaii, or if this is this a permeant change? I've heard great reviews, love the pictures, and we like the the pod steering. Just prefer to go with Golden at this point...

I'm booked on the Grand, April '14 RT out of SFO. My first cruise was through the islands, a number of years ago, so I'm looking forward to going again. It's easier for me to sail out of SFO as it's a quick 90 minute train ride into The City.

We were lucky enough to cruise to Hawaii in 2007. At that time there were 5 Hawaiian ports in 15 days. I only wish that Princess would go back to the 5 ports instead of 4. It's such a long trip to only see a small bit of beautiful Hawaii.

We were lucky enough to cruise to Hawaii in 2007. At that time there were 5 Hawaiian ports in 15 days. I only wish that Princess would go back to the 5 ports instead of 4. It's such a long trip to only see a small bit of beautiful Hawaii.

We did this itinerary in 2005 on the Island, but unfortunately, high waves prevented tendering into Kona. Five years later (to the day), we were on the Golden, with hubby playing his guitar near the Vista and I spent lots of time doing trivia, learning to make leis and dance the hula, and just having a fun time despite the iffy weather. We plan to do it again, but I need to take the heirloom lei class.

Archived