Anyone else that doesn't care what cabin you're in?

MrsToad

I don't care either. I'm still a newbie, first cruise last October was a 4 night and I booked us an ocean view guarantee since they were the same price as an inside when I booked. It was very nice to have the window I will admit! I just booked a solo cruise on Friday for Memorial Day and I booked an inside. The inside cost me $749 before taxes/fees while the ocean views are $1200! I couldn't justify a $450 price difference for a WINDOW. Because no one else in my family besides my little sister (16) likes to travel or has any interest in cruising, I am paying double no matter what. Either I go alone and pay double or she comes and I pay her fare too.

I did care a little bit about the location of the room since I got to pick it this time. From my last cruise I learned I can really sleep through mostly anything as we were right above a Latin nightclub that played LOUD music till the wee hours of the morning. It didn't bother either of us one bit. I fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep. Maybe part of that was exhaustion as we had port days everyday?? Since most of the insides are gone for the cruise I just booked I had to either choose deck 2 very very forward or deck 1 way way aft. I chose deck 1 aft just because I wasn't sure if I could sleep through the anchor dropping in the mornings.

The only time I can really think I would care a lot about cabin type and location is on a Panama Canal cruise. I've been considering booking one for next year if the dates work and for that I'd really want a balcony for the hours we would spend going through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by brookemarieplusone

Seriously, I couldn't care less. As long as the cabin is clean and I'm on a cruise, I'm good. :D

I have read lots of threads since I've been on CC and it seems everyone here requires minimum of a balcony. :rolleyes:

Maybe when I have taken more cruises I will become more jaded. As it stands, I can't imagine paying more for a room that I barely spend any time in. First cruise I never got back to our cabin until 2am or so and was up, showered and out of there by 8am.

I've come to appreciate the difference between inside, view, balcony and suite, but I'm with you once I decide I'm happy and don't believe my experience changes much depending on what class cabin I get.

Find it similar to those that make a deal about what people wear etc. etc.