Norwegian Introduces Freestyle Dining Package

pcreek

FYI - the price went up to $52 for the dining package because La Cucina (Italian) increased cover charge to $15 from $10 after the package was created. The savings is still $8 per person vs. booking individually (Le Bistro $20, Cagney's $25, La Cucina $15 = $60 total).

I swear, some of you guys are so whiny. :)

"Waaahhh, this isn't a deal to me because I get free La Cucina b/c I'm in a suite!"

"Boo-hoo, I am stricken with SO TERRIBLY MUCH OBC that I can't pay in advance."

I'm pretty sure if you had the big-bucks to shell out for The Haven in the first place, then yes, $8 measly dollars per person isn't much of a deal for you. Meanwhile, for lowly peasants like myself who are in a balcony and only have $35 in OBC, this sounds like a nice way to save $16. I'll take it!

The new meal package does have some benefits. You can't reserve more then a day in advance unless you are in a suite. Those are the most popular venues and harder to get into at prime times.

The problem I have with this is, we usually check the menus the day of and if we don't see anything we really like, THEN we go to a signature restaurant.

I like to do that. They post dinner menus in the morning.

I sailed the Epic and the mushroom bisque has to be one of the best thing I have ever eaten bar none. The La Cucina was not as fabulous as the others. The next NCL cruise we will try Teppanyaki.

Do you mean the Le Bistro Cream of Mushroom soup? That is truely excellent and I always get that...unless I've had it twice then...the French Onion is also as good as it gets. In Cagney's the Lobster bisque is a favorite.

I don't think Italian is worth $15 to me. It used to be free, then it was $5. I would rather spend it elsewhere. When I have eaten there it was enoyable, just doesn't sound as a appealing as others.

Teppanyaki has been good, most expensive at $25. Negative is you can end up with your clothes smelling. I would rather have asian or sushi, or for $25 have the quite and choices of Cagney's.

"Waaahhh, this isn't a deal to me because I get free La Cucina b/c I'm in a suite!"

AFAIK Suite's no longer get a free specialty (Le Bistro), now only for Platinum. Suites should get it for the price the rooms cost.

I also find it amazing that people know what they are going to feel like eating so far out or what excursion they are doing and time they get back, then work in entertainment/show times.

In all our our NCL cruising we have never made reservations in advance (exception Cirque)and have never needed to and we only eat in the specialty dining rooms, we make them the day of and the worse that's happened is we have to move the time by 15 min.

This is another reason that NCL better start looking at the Latitudes perks particularly for Platinum because if your a couple your already entitled to two free dinners each at Bistro.

IMO short availability will depend a lot on resturant size, popularity and time. Probably can't get Teppanyaki at 8pm on the same day. Specialty bookings seem down so what you say is more likely then ever. It just doesn't seem like anything to get angry over. I always book through the Concierge and get almost the service you describe.

The shows have times that don't change. The port days have times that don't change. And there's those special suite parties you don't want to miss. The flexible part of the schedule is dining times so to insure I get a table at the time I want I book them 1 to 3 days out when I know the times of the non-movable things I want to do.

Archived