Norwegian Introduces Freestyle Dining Package

pcreek

quoted from cruise news: August 23, 2012:

Did Freestyle Dining just get better? Norwegian Cruise Line announced this morning the release of a new specialty dining package – “Signature Trio”—that gives guests the opportunity to purchase three dining venues for $47 per person.

For the $47, guests can experience Norwegian’s Steakhouse (normally $25), Italian restaurant (normally $10), and French bistro (normally $20). Guests will save $8 by purchasing the “Signature Trio” package.

All three venues would run $55 à la carte.

This is currently available on all Norwegian’s ships and can be pre-booked by logging into your cruise reservation on the website. This offer is not available on board.

Sounds like a good deal! :) (Except now that I'm platinum..I get Le Bistro free, so unless I want to eat there twice....)

I saw this online. The problem I have with this is, we usually check the menus the day of and if we don't see anything we really like, THEN we go to a signature restaurant. I really don't like having to pre-book all the meals ahead of time. It would be nice if you could somehow buy the package, and then book a reservation once on board. I only prebook meals for Disney lol.

We have pre-booked on our last two cruises for the last 3 nights of the cruise, and then changed the ressies when we got on board and could look at the menus and decide what nights we really wanted to go. Worked fine, no problem.

Terry

But do you pay in advance??? Our first time on Epic last October, we had to pay for Cagney's with a credit card BEFORE we boarded - if you have a lot of OBC this could be a problem. Also, we are Platinum and will get Le Bistro free:D

But do you pay in advance??? Our first time on Epic last October, we had to pay for Cagney's with a credit card BEFORE we boarded - if you have a lot of OBC this could be a problem. Also, we are Platinum and will get Le Bistro free:D

Agree on both counts - we have a lot of OBC for upcoming January cruise and are also platinum. In addition doesn't seem so freestyle to have to make all three reservations in advance of the cruise. Nice for people who like to plan everything but that's not us :)

Can you tell us where you can sign up for this? I can't seem to find it on the NCL web site.

The person answering the phone at NCL couldn't find it either, but said we should be able to book it on line, prepay, and select the nights we would want to use it when we are onboard. I'm hearing conflicting opinions, maybe someone here can help.

we love dining in specialty restaurants, but not going to work for us with this prebook package. we have $450OBC to spend this time around! :)

Same here, I used to pre-book excursion and would love to prebook restaurants but have significant OBC that is non-refundable (some refundable) and do not want to end up losing it. I will forgo the $16 savings to use the OBC.

I still refuse to give NCL or any other cruise line any more money in advance, even being the same amount it is.

I also don't want to deal with cancellation or changing res'y BS when on board.

Unless you do serious planning and I know that there are lots of anal people out there that feel they must plan right down to the final second of each day (thank god I'm not married to one of them).

I also find it amazing that people know what they are going to feel like eating so far out or what excursion they are doing and time they get back, then work in entertainment/show times.

In all our our NCL cruising we have never made reservations in advance (exception Cirque)and have never needed to and we only eat in the specialty dining rooms, we make them the day of and the worse that's happened is we have to move the time by 15 min.

This is another reason that NCL better start looking at the Latitudes perks particularly for Platinum because if your a couple your already entitled to two free dinners each at Bistro.

I still refuse to give NCL or any other cruise line any more money in advance, even being the same amount it is.

I also don't want to deal with cancellation or changing res'y BS when on board.

Unless you do serious planning and I know that there are lots of anal people out there that feel they must plan right down to the final second of each day (thank god I'm not married to one of them).

I also find it amazing that people know what they are going to feel like eating so far out or what excursion they are doing and time they get back, then work in entertainment/show times.

In all our our NCL cruising we have never made reservations in advance (exception Cirque)and have never needed to and we only eat in the specialty dining rooms, we make them the day of and the worse that's happened is we have to move the time by 15 min.

This is another reason that NCL better start looking at the Latitudes perks particularly for Platinum because if your a couple your already entitled to two free dinners each at Bistro.

Had a bad day have we?

Can you tell us where you can sign up for this? I can't seem to find it on the NCL web site.

The person answering the phone at NCL couldn't find it either, but said we should be able to book it on line, prepay, and select the nights we would want to use it when we are onboard. I'm hearing conflicting opinions, maybe someone here can help.

This offer was in a message in my MyNCL.com account once I signed in. You can make the reservation from the "invitation". It looks like they send it about 2 months before your sail date.

Thanks OP very good info.

For those having an issue with "only" $8 savings. You obviously didn't have my Daddy who always told me to look after my nickels and dimes and my dollars would look after themselves. :D

This is very good information for those that wish to book their specialty restaurants online and know they will be going to at least 3. Which would be $8 in their pocket that they didn't have before. I'm sure if you booked your nights and times online that there wouldn't be an issue once onboard to change the time and/or date you wished to eat at that particular restaurant.

My guess would be NCL's online specialty reservations isn't as popular as they originally thought it would be and want to promote it.

...we usually check the menus the day of and if we don't see anything we really like, THEN we go to a signature restaurant. I really don't like having to pre-book all the meals ahead of time. It would be nice if you could somehow buy the package, and then book a reservation once on board...

This.

There is also something else to consider when you are booking - you may find when you board that they are giving away a free bottle of wine with dinner at the specialty restaurant if you eat between 5:30 and 6 - on our last cruise in the Baltics we got there at 5:45 and by the time we started eating it was after 6 and we were sharing a free bottle of wine - it was their regular house merlot, but I happen to like it. Europeans seem to dine late, so they really wanted to get some people dining earlier.

Most of the time the specialty restaurants aren't booked up in advance (except for maybe the Japanese steak/chopping place:D) so you most likely can book when you get on ship.

Won't work for DW and me on our next cruise. We plan on taking advantage of our suite perks and order from the specialty restaurant menus and have some nice quiet private meals on the deck or in the dining room of our suite. :D

Aloha

Did I miss something? In a suite you can order from the specialty restaurants at no charge?

Archived