Happy Hour Sales - Next Day Ramifications

ken987

Hi,

Here is the quick story.

My cruise went on the happy hour. I'm past final payment. Day of Happy Hour sale...TA said they called Celebrity...Celebrity says NO I can't upgrade to a suite and pay the $120 pp difference.

OK No problem.

Day AFTER. I call and see the sale is still on. TA says they called Celebrity and that YES I can pay the $120 pp difference but I lose some OBC and other perks. So I say NO.

One week later....find out my cruise is on the Happy Hour AGAIN for next Tuesday. Suites will be $30 LESS than what I paid for my C1.

Can I switch (Provided the price is there the next day) EVEN if I say I don't want the $30 bucks back? OR am I out of luck here and I should just let it go? I'm not stressing over this...just figured if I can get a suite..why not?

Please advise if you ever encountered this situation and what the process was.

THanks.

Hi,

Here is the quick story.

My cruise went on the happy hour. I'm past final payment. Day of Happy Hour sale...TA said they called Celebrity...Celebrity says NO I can't upgrade to a suite and pay the $120 pp difference.

OK No problem.

Day AFTER. I call and see the sale is still on. TA says they called Celebrity and that YES I can pay the $120 pp difference but I lose some OBC and other perks. So I say NO.

One week later....find out my cruise is on the Happy Hour AGAIN for next Tuesday. Suites will be $30 LESS than what I paid for my C1.

Can I switch (Provided the price is there the next day) EVEN if I say I don't want the $30 bucks back? OR am I out of luck here and I should just let it go? I'm not stressing over this...just figured if I can get a suite..why not?

Please advise if you ever encountered this situation and what the process was.

THanks.

If they follow their rules, you will not be able to switch to a cabin offered at a lower price than you have paid, even if you don't want the money back. In order to switch, the "new" cabin has to be at least $1 more than you have already paid.

Note: I started this with "IF"....because depending on your TA, the person you talk to at celebrity and the position Jupiter in the sky, you may find that someone allows you to change cabins.

This falls into the try it but don't be surprised if you get "can't do it" from at least the first 10 people you call....but then there's always an eleventh who might say ok.

I have heard of the happy hour sale...how do you find it ?

This is the web page. Bookmark it so you check it every week. It is typically updated late Thursday or Friday for the following Tuesday. "Happy hour" is an outdated term used by members of Cruise Critic to refer to what Celebrity now calls "Exciting Deals". On Cruise Critic we sometimes call it the "Tuesday specials".

Archived