Presidential suite

siren

Has anyone stayed in a Presidential suite? We are a family of 14 and are "thinking" about doing this on the Oasis. I have my doubts about 14 all together in close quarters for 7 days. Wondering if anyone has any experiences they would like to share??? :D

We did it with 8 people and it was perfect. I think 14 people is way too many people unless you like the togetherness. We had enough space that we weren't on top of each other. The balcony and the jacuzzi were fantastic. It was hard to go back to a regular balacony after being in that room. Enjoy!!!

Stateroom can hold up to 14 guests, must have at least 8 to book. Two Master bedrooms with twin beds (can convert to Queen). Two Master baths with tubs. Two bedrooms with convertible twin beds/Pullman beds, one bedroom contains bathroom with shower. Guest bathroom with shower. Balcony with a whirlpool, dining area, and bar. Dining room with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to a double bed. (1,165.7 sq. ft., balcony 489.7 sq. ft.). Stateroom can accommodate up to 14 guests.

14 sounds like the perfect number

Edited by setsail

I really don't see any purpose of getting a suite just to cram as many people as possible into it.

I agree 100% Get a Suite to enjoy it!

I did a quick calculation, with 14 people thats only 83 sq ft per person.

You would have as much room in 7 reqular cabins... LOL

I agree there are some nice things such as a dining table, big balcony and hot tub.

BUT I think thats just too many people. You would be all over each other.

Why don't you get it for 8 or 10 max, and get 2 or three other cabins too.

Best of both worlds.

Love it. 10 family members stayed in it on the Independence for a 14 night Italian Med cruise. We loved it so much we have it booked again on the Independence for Christmas & New Years 2013.

We really enjoyed the huge table on the balcony, had lunch and dinner delivered quite a few times. Kids loved the hot tub.....it was like their own personal pool.

Also enjoyed the suite benefits that go along with the cabin. We do an extended family cruise every year and this is the one of the few times we all get together, so this works great for us.

So what's the price pp? I am looking at a Thanksgiving 2014 cruise with 10-14 I could put there. I had my TA price the Aqua Theater view and was surprised to see only the 1-2 pay full fare and 3-6 pay much less. So hows that work with the PS?

So what's the price pp? I am looking at a Thanksgiving 2014 cruise with 10-14 I could put there. I had my TA price the Aqua Theater view and was surprised to see only the 1-2 pay full fare and 3-6 pay much less. So hows that work with the PS?

Yea....but the 3rd, 4th, 5th....ect person are still paying more PP than they would in a standard balcony.

Five bedrooms? 10 people great, 14 is too many unless there are enough kids to double up. Each couple should have their own bedroom or it isn't much of a vacation. We have been doing extended family vacations for 20 years and they have all been lots of fun for all of us, but we do use the "adult couples get their own room" to choose,

Glad to see this thread. Some women friends and I have booked the Presidential Suite on the Freedom OTS for December 2013. So far 9 of us have paid our deposit with one more to go. We'll stop at 10. We are all solo cruisers which means the price per person will be about what we'd pay for an Interior Cabin since we'd have to pay the single supplement. I the first cruise goes well we're considering making it an annual event.

Now, for anyone who's been in a Presidential Suite, some questions:

1. Did perks include any free wine or alcohol?
  2. Did you have hors d'oerves delivered each day?
  3. Did you have your own butler?
  4. Do all 4 bathrooms have showers?
  5. Did anyone sleep on the balcony - I'm the one thinking I might do that one night.
  6. What did you enjoy most about the suite?
  7. And the opposite - what did you enjoy least?

Thanks.

Edited by ILoveScotland

• 2 months later...

We would love for someone to tell us about their PS and cruise experience.

1. What happened when you checked in at the port? Did they take you directly to your room or do you also have to wait until 1PM to get into the cabin?

2. Did perks include any free wine or alcohol? How did the wet bar work?

3. Did you have meals delivered and how did that work? Did you tip and how did you determine how much?

4. I read that they had reserved seating for the suite guest. Where were they on the ship?

5. What did you enjoy most about the suite?

6. And the opposite - what did you enjoy least?

Anything else we should know to make our cruise an experience of a lifetime?

Thanks,

Tanker

Did perks include any free wine or alcohol?

The concierge lounge has cocktails around dinnertime each day.

Did you have hors d'oerves delivered each day?

They may deliver goodies in the afternoon

Did you have your own butler?

RCI doesn't have butlers at all.

Do all 4 bathrooms have showers?

Did anyone sleep on the balcony - I'm the one thinking I might do that one night. You may want to rethink that.....the night air is wet, and they sometimes wash the outside of the ship in the early morning....be prepared to get wet!

What did you enjoy most about the suite?

And the opposite - what did you enjoy least?

Thanks.

We stayed 11 in the PFs on Freedom a year ago. The 2 master suites have their own bathrooms and there are 2 other regular stateroom bathrooms with a shower in each hallway (2 seperate entrances)

There were 2 people in each room, the last couple slept on the converted couch in the living room - I was the odd person, I did sleep out side,it was wonderful and then they brought me a roll away. The conceierge lounge with complimentary drinks each night was included and we did hang out in our hot tub a lot. The MOST enjoyable thing for us was eating dinner on the huge balcony. That alone was worth it !! we've all talked about doing it again.

You get regular suite perks, priority checkin, treats delivered on sea days, we did tip the waiters that delivered our food, I think 2.00 pp?? I can't remember, it's delivered all at once on a cart then we self served but they did put out a table cloth then they come back and clean up.

On Freedom, suite guests have their own breakfast dining in Portofinos (I think a lot of freedom & voyager class ships do??) , reserved suite seating in the theater & ice shows, and on the main pool deck.

We didn't use the wet bar at all. You would need to order a set up and I'm pretty sure it would be all for a fee just like a private party but plenty of room to do so.

• 2 months later...

I am thinking about this on Freedom for October 2014.

How hard is it to actually book it; is it always snatched up?

What is the price per person? There would be 8 of us (six adults and two kids).

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Has anyone stayed in a Presidential suite? We are a family of 14 and are "thinking" about doing this on the Oasis. I have my doubts about 14 all together in close quarters for 7 days. Wondering if anyone has any experiences they would like to share??? :D

Hi Siren, I just wondered if you did get the presidential suite for 14? I reserved it in 2016 on Allure for approx. 17,373. It seems like a great deal but I'm concerned 14 might be pushing it.

I traveled with 4 friends on a transatlantic a few years ago. We were lucky enough to book the Presidential Suite (think it was about $12000) total. We were on the Liberty of the Seas. The back deck is awesome and provides lots of room. I agree with other posters that 14 is probably too many in this space. If you get it enjoy it is awesome!:D

...We didn't use the wet bar at all. You would need to order a set up and I'm pretty sure it would be all for a fee just like a private party but plenty of room to do so.
RCI does NOT offer liquor set-ups, nor are you allowed to bring any alcohol beyond 2 bottles of wine per cabin (I might assume that the PS counts as more than one "cabin", but don't know that). Possible they may have some exception for the PS, but I've never heard of that.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Allure this past July. On the day of disembarkation, we toured the PS because we are booked for next July. The two master bedrooms each have 2 twin beds which can be pushed together to make a queen. The other two bedrooms each have 2 twin beds and 2 twin pull downs. The living room sofa can be converted to a queen bed. So sleeping 14 should not be a problem. During the day, there's plenty of room inside and outside. Unless all 14 are adults, there's plenty of room in the PS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
So how do you find out if it is already filled for a particular cruise? It is not listed on the RCCL website as far as I can see to reserve it there.

It no longer exists on the Oasis. For the Allure your travel agent has to call directly. But I wouldn't bank on it staying on the Allure. It will likely be removed in the next dry dock.

Edited by Case1096

Oh ok. I misunderstood the other post as it was just gone (as in already booked) for a particular sailing. So are the presidential suites going away for all classes or just Oasis class?

I wouldn't be surprised if they disappear for the entire fleet. At this point it is just removed from the Oasis. The best part is the people in charge of the dry dock never told the revenue department until the new deck plan was released!