BB Cream ??

jnc411

Just got my L'oreal BB cream and it is fantastic. I put it on and my niece couldn't believe the difference. Great suggestion!!

Wondering if you can 'elaborate' on the difference? what do you usually use/wear (foundation?) - and how was this better/different? Thanks :)

Thought I would update the post. I was able to get BB cream at Walgreens , I got the Garnier brand , in the light/medium , it might be a touch darker than I need. Wanted to get the Loreal but they were out of it , so I tried the cream. It was a bit thicker than I thought it would be , but went on smoothly, doesn't feel greesy or cakey , I am going to see how it lasts , and I want to see if it gives off on my phone or clothes , so far I like it ok. But I still want to try the Loreal when I can get it. Thanks everyone for the response to my original post. appreciate it.

Cori

Can someone tell me is BB cream INSTEAD of foundation? Like a tinted moisturizer/beauty cream - or do you wear it underneath foundation??

Froufie,

I bought the L'oreal BB. For me it replaces my moisturiser and primer, but it also evens my skin tone enough that I can wear it INSTEAD of foundation, with a powder instead. I don't believe the L'oreal has sunscreen, so it doesn't cover that.

I had an interesting encounter today. Was in a rush so washed my face, but on BB and a light dusting of powder, plus eye makeup and then ran out for errands. I had to go to Nordstrom and they happened to have their big makeup weekend. A Dior rep roped me in to a makeup application. She asked me three times what I was wearing on my face because it was so lightweight and covered so well. It was just my L'oreal BB! I let her do the full make up application and did buy some eye shadow and lipstick, but I decided I'm happy with my L'oreal instead of their $138 lotion. Granted, I do wear a pretty nice Chanel foundation when I need more coverage, but this drugstore stuff seems to be a great find.

Update : I have been using the Garnier BB cream now for about a week , and it is ok , not great but ok. It goes on easily , smooth, and does not get gritty , the coverage isn't the greatest on me, and I find I need to re apply during the day. It looks ok , but not better than what I used before. I still want to try the Loreal BB cream and compare. If there is a big difference I will post. Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

Cori

Would love to hear your opinion of the l'oreal once you try it out!

I use a moisturizer now - followed by Clarins flash beauty balm - then the Tarte amazonian clay foundation (followed by powder) - sounds like I could lose the moisturizer and beauty balm if I used the BB cream - and possibly get away with no foundation occasionally? (maybe it depends on your age and condition of your skin? :D:D)

Okay okay - I broke down and bought some :).....was at the drug store during my lunch hour and lo and behold - 25% off L'oreal Magic BB cream - got a tube in medium! Will try it out on the weekend (so do I really forego the moisturizer? As you can see I'm a bit leery about this! :) )

I'm leary about using foundation at all. I have allergies and am always sneezing and blowing my nose. There goes all the foundation, right? I'm not one to reapply makeup during the day.

So I live my life with my uneven skin tone with sun-damaged redness for all the world to see. But I would love to try some BB cream...if it'll stay on all day no matter what.

Any suggestions or am I to just live the natural life? Thanks!

Okay okay - I broke down and bought some :).....was at the drug store during my lunch hour and lo and behold - 25% off L'oreal Magic BB cream - got a tube in medium! Will try it out on the weekend (so do I really forego the moisturizer? As you can see I'm a bit leery about this! :) )

Okay - so after further research (makeupalley.com) - I think I may have gotten the WRONG STUFF - seems the 'Magic' BB cream is one of those 'white' creams that 'adjust' and turn colors on your skin after applied - reviews are very mixed - but I am not sure that is what I was looking for.

So I have not opened it yet - will try to find the youth code L'oreal bb cream which I think would be better suited for me.

Those that have the l'oreal brand which type did you purchase?

In response to an earlier request when I put the BB cream on my skin was much more even tone and pores diminished. When I put it on it seems to me that my wrinkles are not as noticeable. I used only bare minerals before which is also good at diminishing my imperfections.

I tried Clinique's BBCream. I liked how it looked and how it went on. The coverage didn't last as long as I would have liked, but I have rosacea so coverage is a constant battle. I'm not sure if I would have continued to use it because of the lightness of the coverage though, even without the breakouts.

My problem is everything makes me break out! I now use a combination of Mary Kay cream foundation and a Clinique cream-to-powder with it in the areas that need less coverage. Any time I try to switch, I get massive acne-like breakouts. Sigh. Guess I'll use what I'm using until the day I die.

Robin

I'm using the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB in Light. I am blonde and quite fair with some rosacea around my nose.

As I mentioned before, I'm using this INSTEAD of lotion and foundation. Just BB and loose powder. I have some discolouration and it covers very well. It does NOT last all day ---- but then I have super oily skin and absolutely nothing lasts all day.

Froufie - it is very light coloured but adjusts appropriately for your skin tone. I don't find that it lightens my skin. I'm sure whatever lotion you use is light coloured and it disappears --- this does too.

I'm using the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB in Light. I am blonde and quite fair with some rosacea around my nose.

As I mentioned before, I'm using this INSTEAD of lotion and foundation. Just BB and loose powder. I have some discolouration and it covers very well. It does NOT last all day ---- but then I have super oily skin and absolutely nothing lasts all day.

Froufie - it is very light coloured but adjusts appropriately for your skin tone. I don't find that it lightens my skin. I'm sure whatever lotion you use is light coloured and it disappears --- this does too.

I got the 'medium' but haven't even tried it yet - wondering if instead of the 'magic' version I should get the regular version - was gong to return it? :confused:

Boy, this forum is hazardous to my wallet:D I am not complaining. This place gives great advice!

Went to Ulta the other day to return a product that I was not satified with. Walked out with BB cream.

I bought the Hydroxatone Anti-Aging BB cream. Tried it that evening. Goes on smoothly and really does even out your skin-tone. Yesterday I applied it in the morning, and to my surprise, I wasn't an oil slick by noon. I have a VERY oily complexion. That evening I went to wash my face and it was still keeping the oil at bay. I have tried numerous oil-control products in the past, none have worked well.

I do still apply my Laura Geller Brighten and Balance foundation. But, if needed, I could get by with just the BB cream.

Funny thing, I never even heard of BB cream before this thread:)

Y'all are a bad influence! Ulta had their Loreal products buy 2 get one free this week, plus a $3.50 coupon. So I bought two of my hair colors that I use, and got a free BB cream. Can't wait to try it!!

I also discovered that Bare Essentials finally has a cream concealer, and it looks like it will be great!

So those of you who are finding the coverage not enough, or doesn't last all day...are you then putting on more BB cream, or putting on foundation or powder on top? (with primer, it would be the foundation to go on, not more primer, so just wondering). I have a lot of broken capillaries and need good coverage, but find most products tend to look cake-like after the mid day touch up. Any hints?

I've been using the Smashbox bb cream for about a month now and I'm very happy with it so far. I'm just using it and a tinted pressed powder -- this is a step up from my former use of just moisturizer and tinted powder, so for me this is a step up in coverage. I find it lasts the whole work day and doesn't feel too heavy on my skin.

I originally got this along with several other Smashbox products to do my makeup for my wedding, and it's the first time I've really bought anything more expensive than drugstore makeup. I'm quite happy with it, but when I run out I may try one of the drugstore brands recommended above to see if I like the less expensive options as much.

Thumbs down on the Loreal BB. I love the finish it gave, but sweating just a bit at my hairline has left me with white blotchy streaks down my forehead. Also, just a warning - this stuff has a strong fragrance. It reminds me of the smell the Loreal conditioner has.

I use Garnier BB cream, love it. I doubt that it has any real long term effect on my skin (which is most definitely not young), but it does look great while I have it on. I use it as my daytime moisturizer/foundation.

I just got this brand so I'm excited to start using it tomorrow!

I just got this brand so I'm excited to start using it tomorrow!

I think you'll like the Garnier. I tried the L'Oreal brand and it just didn't work for me, the Garnier gave me more coverage so I don't even need foundation, just the BB cream and a light dusting of loose powder and I'm good for the day.

Archived