Bon Voyage Gifts

Duddy

I am sure this has been covered before here somewhere, but I will ask anyway. Does one have to go through RCL for a bon voyage gift; or are there independent companies that work with some or cruise lines? :confused: We are sailing out of San Juan if that makes a difference. Was looking for something other than champagne or wine. Gift may be for ourselves an/or relatives in another cabin.

Thanks!

~Bob~

I am sure this has been covered before here somewhere, but I will ask anyway. Does one have to go through RCL for a bon voyage gift; or are there independent companies that work with some or cruise lines? :confused: We are sailing out of San Juan if that makes a difference. Was looking for something other than champagne or wine. Gift may be for ourselves an/or relatives in another cabin.

Thanks!

~Bob~

Royal offers quite a few other gift options other than champagne or wine....http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/home.do

As far as outside companies....I don't believe that royal does that anymore...but you could call and ask.

are you referring to liquor? if so I do believe that Royal does not permit it for cabin use.

Correct. Anything else must be purchased by the drink either from a bar or room service. You could order, say, ten shots of rum and mix them as you wish, but you'll still pay by the drink.

When I first started cruising I do recall outside vendors delivering to the cruise ships, at least in L.A. for flower and gift baskets. The cruise lines undoubtedly figured out the profit margin to this and most handle the 'Bon Voyage' gifts directly.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

In all fairness to the cruise line, it would be a logistical nightmare given the short debark/embark time in between cruises to have an outside vendor come in. But you never know :o

~Bob~

I am sure this has been covered before here somewhere, but I will ask anyway. Does one have to go through RCL for a bon voyage , gift; or are there independent companies that work with some or cruise lines? :confused: We are sailing out of San Juan if that makes a difference. Was looking for something other than champagne or wine. Gift may be for ourselves an/or relatives in another cabin.

Thanks!

~Bob~

I know exactly what you are talking about.

We used to use a company, online, and you could ORDER anything you wanted. They had a super cheap surcharge and their prices weren't bad at all. Last time we used them, we ordered a case of Samuel Adams, and a case of those little glass apples of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. Some other treats, chocolates, etc.

But that was years ago. With the economy and stricter cruise line rules, there just isn't the supply/demand anymore.

I was bummed when I found out we couldn't do this anymore. We don't take cruises less than 14 days, so we really miss this service.

:-)

Archived