Door Width of Standard Balcony Cabin

Peery5

We have an upcoming New Years cruise booked on the Eclipse. Have tried unsuccessfully to find an available accessible balcony or CC class cabin.

I am disabled and require a mobility scooter. Does anyone know the width of the balcony cabin entrance door? I called Celebrity's 'accessible' department and the lady told me that the door was 26" wide. If so, that is great as I will have no problem. But that seems somewhat wide based on other cruises.

We generally book an accessible cabin months in advance but have had no luck for this cruise. I understand that the cabin itself (on this cruise) is not accessible. Just really need a place to park and charge my scooter at night. My DW can help me with anything else.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Tom

I don't believe that is correct. Standard cabin doors are usually 22", but then you have to subtrace 2" for the thickness of the door when opened, so you have 20" to work with. I believe all suites have wider doors. EM

My late wife required a scooter. When cruising Carnival, we would arrange for the scooter rental and it would be waiting in our cabin. It was always a tight squeeze but it would go through a standard door opening. We brought her scooter once and it was damaged by the airlines. Rented after that. It went through a standard door on the Century.

Archived