Island Marketing Ltd.

woody14h

I suggest caution when using Island marketing for Belize tours.

2 weeks ago aboard the Legend , we were sched for Goff's caye(t6hru Island Marketing).

While waiting in the show room (for tnder ticket) Carnival announced that it was quite rough, and that only "strong swimmers" should snorkel, and that they would allow refunds(on the ship's tour) for those not wanting to proceed.

Our group of 12 (2 moms , 2 grandmas, 2 dads, 2 grandpas and 4 kids( 6 to 14) was therefore a little concerned.

We then proceeded on a very rough tender ride to Belize City.

Fellow passengers said "no way shud you snorkel".

After consulting with the "moms" I proceeded to find them(ISLAND MARKETING) and cancel.

I've asked Island Marketing to refund my 20% deposit--they refuse saying "tour was not cancelled". Thy obviously don't care about the safety of kids.

I'm glad that we didn't spend another $400 of good money after the bad money of our $100 deposit.

Island Marketing only does the booking and is not the actual tour provider.

As there are plenty of tours available at the dock. I suggest you not risk your deposit money, and book at the dock.

2 weeks ago aboard the Legend , we were sched for Goff's caye(t6hru Island Marketing).

While waiting in the show room (for tnder ticket) Carnival announced that it was quite rough, and that only "strong swimmers" should snorkel, and that they would allow refunds(on the ship's tour) for those not wanting to proceed.

Our group of 12 (2 moms , 2 grandmas, 2 dads, 2 grandpas and 4 kids( 6 to 14) was therefore a little concerned.

After consulting with the "moms" I proceeded to find them(ISLAND MARKETING) and cancel.

I've asked Island Marketing to refund my 20% deposit--they refuse saying "tour was not cancelled". Thy obviously don't care about the safety of kids.

I'm glad that we didn't spend another $400 of good money after the bad money of our $100 deposit.

As there are plenty of tours available at the dock. I suggest you not risk your deposit money, and book at the dock.

Good idea. We do this often. Thanks for the heads up.

Islandbuoy, I like your advice particularly as we will be there early December and I understand the weather could be variable. You mention tours available at the dock on arrival. Did you happen to notice whether Coral breeze was selling tours there or any other specific companies? I have read the Coral Breeze snorkeling tours are good but would like to look up any others that you specifically saw at the dock so we could be prepared to make a decision on arrival dependent on the weather and sea conditions.

Islandbuoy, I like your advice particularly as we will be there early December and I understand the weather could be variable. You mention tours available at the dock on arrival. Did you happen to notice whether Coral breeze was selling tours there or any other specific companies? I have read the Coral Breeze snorkeling tours are good but would like to look up any others that you specifically saw at the dock so we could be prepared to make a decision on arrival dependent on the weather and sea conditions.

Sorry , I only saw the guys holding the placards, not the name of their companies.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried picking up a tour guide/company at the dock when you get off the ship? Would be interested in hearing your experience. Not knowing how we will be feeling or what the weather will be like I don't really like booking ahead if I don't have to. Don't like taking the ships tour would rather do independent touring with a reputable company.

• 1 month later...

We had touble finding them when we got off the tender- their directions are not too clear- you have to go through the terminal and someone will be outside with a sign and then walk you across the street where you pay the balance and then wait for the rest of your tour group to show up. The tour was good and our guide very informative- the ruins were nice- easy to walk around and you could climb at least one if you wanted. I chose this tour because it included lunch. We didn't find out until the end of our time at the ruins that our lunch was going to be back at the pier. It was awful- not hot and full of chicken bones. The salsa was the only good part of the meal. You also ride back on the same road as you do to get to the ruins, another thing to consider

Archived