seven mile beach or georgetown

sanger727

We will be visiting grand cayman in Dec. We have an excursion planned that will last till approx 3:30 but the ship doesn't leave till 6. I'm debating between whether to visit seven mile beach (it's a swimming excursion so we will have all our swimming stuff) or walking around georgetown. Any recommendations on which is better if we have an extra hour or 2 to spend on the island? We will probably need to spend part of the time eating while we are out, I don't think the excursion provides lunch.

Seven mile beach starts right in Georgetown basically. It's all very close. My thoughts are that you will probably have enough of the water and be ready to find a nice cool seaside restaurant and relax before heading back to the ship. After an excursion, we like to find some nice fun restaurant near the tender pier and hang out until we are 'forced' off the island. Being close to the tender pier is just a security blanket thing. As long as we can see it, we know we can make the last tender!!

I have to agree...if your excursion is a "water" excursion...you'll be ready to dry off and do something different! Georgetown is very clean and pretty...shopping/eating is handy.

That said, you could have the excursion folks drop you at a beach area and catch a bus back to the dock....keep an eye on the traffic tho....there's only 1 road and it can move slower than you might imagine! Leave yourself plenty of time!

Archived