Door Decorations

cruisnhillbilly

These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing. We are leaving on the Pride Sept 23rd celebrating my 50th so I think I will have some over-the-hill decorations on our door.

For my 50th birthday my kids put a happy 50th sign on the cabin door with a pen beside it and a note asking people to sign it i have signatures from all kinds of places on it. One signature was from new zealand. It is a great keepsake.

Thank goodness only a few here and there on the ships do these door decorations.

IMHO, they remind me of a college dorm and when I cruise, I expect a little more class.

But, to each his own.

Wow!...Really?

Haven't you ever heard of "if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"?? I mean...really??

Thank you all for posting so many pics. I have never decorated our door before but I always do somethign around the house. This is our first time being away over a holiday like Thanksgiving I was thinking about doing the door of the cabin since it will be my home for Thanksgiving this year. Anyone have any ideas for what to do besides just a Turkey? Maybe a way to bring the islands and Thanksgiving together!!!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.:)

make a beach with a few palm trees and a turkey laying on the beach tanning, and looking out from behind the trees have some people with plates and forks in thier hands, and one guy holding them back saying "No he's not done yet":D

make a beach with a few palm trees and a turkey laying on the beach tanning, and looking out from behind the trees have some people with plates and forks in thier hands, and one guy holding them back saying "No he's not done yet":D

Makes me wish I was cruising over Thanksgiving just to steal this idea ... too funny!

Thank goodness only a few here and there on the ships do these door decorations.

IMHO, they remind me of a college dorm and when I cruise, I expect a little more class.

But, to each his own.

I certainly respect your opinion but you would think that a few decorated doors aren't that big a deal compared to the overstated Carnival decor. I'm not knocking Carnival because I love it but I would NOT use the word classy for the ships. It's not the Ritz :)

I personally think folks posting their cruising memories, pictures, etc is priceless. Most of us vacation for the memories.

Now that is one of the most clever thoughts ever! I love it! If we were going around Thanksgiving, that would CERTAINLY be on my cabin door. LOVE IT :):)

If you click on my FB link in my signature you will find a photo of our door decorations from 2010. They were just some $1 store foam frames that I printed out info about us and the cruise on scrap booking paper that I glued on and added thin roll magnetic pieces on the back. After the cruise I then took the magnets off and used them in the scrap book it self.

Last year for my daughters graduation I had again $1 store decorations of black Graduation caps on the door with her and her friends names in I did in glue and gold glitter. Their school colors where Black and Gold so it went well. I told her to take pictures but they did not turn out. She took them in a dark hall with out a flash, KIDS!

This next one on Tuesday will have the Hawaiian Island theme and we are decorating the whole room for a CC cabin crawl and I will be sure to get pics.

I'll put that in my file of ideas, thanks. Maybe I can take all the ideas and come up with something great. Even my future daughter in law has given me some ideas.

Makes me wish I was cruising over Thanksgiving just to steal this idea ... too funny!

Now that is one of the most clever thoughts ever! I love it! If we were going around Thanksgiving, that would CERTAINLY be on my cabin door. LOVE IT :):)

thanks guys, we are leaving on the elation the 26th of Nov so i don't know if i will do this because it is a little after thanksgiving might do something with a turkey passing the holiday torch to a snowman or something like that.

by the way great posts everyone:cool:

Banditswife;- your 6 nights of door decor is hilarious. Wish I could've thought of something crazy like that.I am just a boring redneck from KS

We're from Kansas too, don't think we are boring rednecks though, we did the door sign thing on our last cruise and although we were cruising without others with us we just hung these signs on random doors, some of the signs stayed up all cruise and others were taken down that day. We are cruising again next week and have a set of signs all packed and ready to go.

Archived