Door Decorations

cruisnhillbilly

We always go on Holiday cruises, so on the kids door we bring wrapping paper and wrap the door. We put Missletoe above our room and theirs -usually one will disappear per night!

If you have had a little fun with the drink menu, the wrap on your door is a great way to find your room in the evening!!!!

Just my opinion!

Sailed on the Freedom b2b last year and had my cabin door filled of post cards from various islands/plces we have visited-looked awesome. on the 2nd cruise - someone took/stole some postcards:(. Really? postcards are one of the cheapest souviners u can buy. not too sure if I am doing this again-I love my postcards:)

Sailed on the Freedom b2b last year and had my cabin door filled of post cards from various islands/plces we have visited-looked awesome. on the 2nd cruise - someone took/stole some postcards:(. Really? postcards are one of the cheapest souviners u can buy. not too sure if I am doing this again-I love my postcards:)

One thing you can do to help them not to dissappear is to Personalize decorations with a name..I always do this and knock on wood...have not lost anything...:) Hope this helps someone ..

What do you all use to "stick" the decoration to the door? How do you put a white board up there? I can't imagine just any tape will work.

I always use the blue colored poster putty - just knead it a little and sticks really well. It comes off easily without residue.

I have really seen some very creative ones over the years but if you don't have a creative bone in your body I have a GREAT solution.....buy window clings (the dollar stores always have them) they stick perfectly to the outside of the doors and come off as easy as they go on (sometimes you had to wipe with a damp cloth and then stick them) ! Over the years we have had Christmas doors, birhtday doors, disney Character doors, you name it! GREAT way to recognize your door after one too many cocktails or among long hallways of rooms that all look alike!

All of our kids are now 22 and older and they know to expect something on their doors from Mom, still LOL! We also put a dry erase board up, great way to tell your friends and family when you left the room and where you were headed and vice versa. Of course we have had many pictures/sayings/messages from the crew and from other passengers on the boards too..........always entertaining!

I just bought a roll of white board/dry erase stick on paper that is made for doors. I am going to cover each of our doors with it so we can leave each other messages. It was really inexpensive. I picked up a few packs of dry erase markers at the same time.

I also have pictures and a sign for each couple/group in our party.

I'm not as crafty, but I bought some cardboard tropical flowers at Dollar Tree, glued glitter all over the pictures, put some clear string through the holes and plan to use the small contact hook. I've used the contact hook all over the house at Christmas time, so I know they should stick and remove easily.

hey guys great ideas and info. my pops died November 26 2011 and this cruise will start exactly one year after his death, "didn't plan it that way just happened" so this will be a hard one for my 78 year old mom. i have been trying to keep her doing something as much as i can so i called her yesterday and got her started on one, she got all excited so i think this should keep her busy for a while. thanks everyone for the pictures and ideas, keep them coming:cool:

Here's what "we" did....to represent all three women in the suite. I say "we" lightly, because "they" actually did it.....I'm not crafty :p If was done with scrapbooking supplies, and represents CrimsonQueen, Susan BluDress and Sandals :) And, the name of our Roll Call was "Liberty Tides" :)

DoorSign1-1.jpg?t=1337038442

I remember that door!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Just an idea...we went on a Disney cruise about a yr ago and I made Disney characters and wrote our cabin number on the front of each one I made and then laminated each character. Then I added a small magnet on the back (our doors were metal). We didn't loose any (even though I thought we would). But I think it was because I had written our cabin number on them.

Hope this idea helps!!

Yes had a giant bra stolen off my brothers door! We added things to his door each night after going to bed.

The first night we put a for sale sign on his door selling his truck

The second night we put a sign and picture for free hound dog puppies

The third night we put a Room for rent by the hour sign up

The fourth night we put a letter from Betty Lou Grit kisser and a giant bra on his door handle

The fifth night we put a Room party sign up offering free drinks and fried turkey

The sixth night we put a Everything has to go sale to include the bed, tv, ect.

People loved it and would come by to see what was new and take photos. The bra disapeared a night or two later and was spotted on other stateroom doors. Was pretty funny

:p

That is hilarious

Archived