Door Decorations

cruisnhillbilly

I just print off puctures with captions for each port or different times of the day - whatever strikes my fancy. If I've been to the port before, I usually put a picture from there. On the morning we arrive, my door will say "Welcome to ..."

I change it a few times through out the day just because. :D

Sail away, setting the tone ....

2651971990102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

2428342010102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

2074552260102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

Since I had a picture with an iguana with a caption about getting tequila, I entered this version of my door in the the Red's Rum, Blue Iguanna door decorating contest ...

2767821360102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

A Morning version - Grand Turk was the port of call that day. I won the door decorating contest so I stuck the congratulations letter up there too, LOL...

2805469490102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

I've got my posterboard and will be making my door hanging in the next couple days, but I'm still not real sure how to pack it. DH and I are flying and it will probably go in checked luggage. I have the board type of posterboard now so I was planning on putting that at the bottom of a suitcase but now I'm thinking I should get the paper kind of posterboard and pack it in a shipping tube.

Any thoughts?

I've got my posterboard and will be making my door hanging in the next couple days, but I'm still not real sure how to pack it. DH and I are flying and it will probably go in checked luggage. I have the board type of posterboard now so I was planning on putting that at the bottom of a suitcase but now I'm thinking I should get the paper kind of posterboard and pack it in a shipping tube.

Any thoughts?

i was thinking shipping tube for ours then pack in the suitcase:cool:

I've decorated our doors on every cruise and my 10 year old loves to help plan the decorations and put them up. I pick up clings and decorations at the Dollar Store and also from Oriental Traders online. I have used inflatable fish on a fishing line for the last few cruises and put our names on them using a Sharpie. I use Sticky Tack to put up the decorations. I also had a disposable type white board that I received at work for a giveaway and put that up as well. I brought a few extra pens because they seemed to disappear.....

Try 3M command strips. They won't damage anythinng. However, I beleive the doors are metal so tape is OK in my opinion. Take a small roll of clear packing tape. It's thicker, so it seems to remove from the door in one piece from my experience.

where on earth did you get this? That is awesome I gotta get some!!!

i got some to day at a big hobby store it's called "Dry Erase Vinyl Surface" i found it in the dry erase board section, i think you could also find it in a office supple store. it was regularly 7.99 buy i got it at %50 off so only pay around 4 for a 17"x57" piece :cool:

I decorated the door on the last cruise we went on, and my friend got SO drunk, he lost his beach bag at pool, and could only remember the door had Mexican stuff on it, so the crew walked him up and down the hallways until they found my door.

Thank you all for posting so many pics. I have never decorated our door before but I always do somethign around the house. This is our first time being away over a holiday like Thanksgiving I was thinking about doing the door of the cabin since it will be my home for Thanksgiving this year. Anyone have any ideas for what to do besides just a Turkey? Maybe a way to bring the islands and Thanksgiving together!!!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated.:)

I found some magnetic photo sleeves at Walmart, put in some family pictures and decorated our door. Party stores had some lei garland, and flip flops on a nylon string. Inside we had lei garland as well as various other decorations. Made for a festive cabin :) We never had any issues with 'theft' or damage. In fact, the little ones who walked by always stopped to view photos, so I would move them around each day.

PS My first attempt uploading a pic, hope it works.

Archived