Teachers purchasing cruise using NEA Member Benefits Click and Save

fischymom

NOTE: This is not about an particular TA agency but the National Education Association

Question for those of you out there that have purchased your cruise by using NEA Click and Save. Was it a good experience? Any problems? I have never used click and save and thought this would be a good way to build WOW points. Any info helpful.

If Norwegian interests you, they often sell lower-category cabins with discounts that apply to teachers, firefighters, military and trade union members (because their Hawaiian operation is unionized).

Sorry to have posted this then, I thought that since I did not want any information about the companies (TA's) but if any one had gone through NEA and had trouble it would not be an issue. No trouble intended by the question.

From what I have been able to see on NEA's website you do not get a discount (the price quoted by the TA was the same as from my TA) but the benifit is you get is the WOW points. Currently they had a 3x promotion from what I could see on the page.

Sorry to have posted this then, I thought that since I did not want any information about the companies (TA's) but if any one had gone through NEA and had trouble it would not be an issue. No trouble intended by the question.
It's OK to ask about the program; just not about specific agencies. :)

I'm retired lifelong NEA member but have used NEA travel and flight services many years ago. Are you talking about benefits from using the NEA backed MasterCard creditcard or am I on the wrong page and in the wrong seat:eek:?

Is this any different than AARP and AAA offering various discounts etc.? Many hotels and possibly cruises give these discounts.

Bowie MeMe you have sort of the same thing in mind I do. Right book wrong page, LOL. I would use my own cc that I have on file with NEA, through one of the online cruise sites they have on the click and save pages. The price I found online with the NEA was exactly the same one I have from my TA. The "bonus" is the WOW points you accumulate by being a NEA member. You then can use those points to pay for your other purchases on line. The way I looked at it is that if I am spending the same amount of money already I could be gathering the WOW points to use on my Christmas presents, etc.

Let's see if I can thread the needle. The price quoted by the linked site TA was the same as your TA, which only gives you the WOW points. And perhaps that is enough. But when I checked a specific cruise my discounted TA price was lower, and I prefered taking the lower price.

Bowie MeMe you have sort of the same thing in mind I do. Right book wrong page, LOL. I would use my own cc that I have on file with NEA, through one of the online cruise sites they have on the click and save pages. The price I found online with the NEA was exactly the same one I have from my TA. The "bonus" is the WOW points you accumulate by being a NEA member. You then can use those points to pay for your other purchases on line. The way I looked at it is that if I am spending the same amount of money already I could be gathering the WOW points to use on my Christmas presents, etc.

I use my credit card from the insurance company (and I mean I really use it!:eek: ) and I get points towards paying car, house, tort insurance. Point =$. Average about one full car insurance every 6 months. I know I will have an insurance bill and I know who I will owe that money to. I don't use any other point system because this works for me. Not paying insurance bill is pretty sweet. Yes this cruise, air, summer vacation, back to school things for grandkids. Gonna pay a whole insurance bill in one month:p:(

Let's see if I can thread the needle. The price quoted by the linked site TA was the same as your TA, which only gives you the WOW points. And perhaps that is enough. But when I checked a specific cruise my discounted TA price was lower, and I prefered taking the lower price.

As would I, then I would pay with cc that gives points UNLESS it is foreign charge then would debit with Capital One Card with no foreign exchange fee. Sometimes it is way past an Elementary School teacher's math ability:p

And be sure to ask if the cruise company uses a bank in a foreign country -- Oceania did for a while and you ended up paying for cruise to a TA in America for a cruise company that had offices in America and you owed the

3 % foreign transaction fee because it was processed through and Irish bank. Rude surprises in the credit card bill.

Archived