PCC - Story

easycruiser77

I just wanted to take the time to share with everyone about my recent experience with my PCC. My wife and I took our first cruise back in 2007. I booked it online directly with NCL. After that cruise, I was assigned a PCC. Periodically throughout the year I would receive some business cards and mail trying to get us to book another cruise. Then last year we took our second cruise on NCL. In between those years we cruised on 2 different lines (gotta try others right?) I didn’t book with NCL directly since, a particular warehouse place, had a better rate and was offering a nice OBC.

My wife and I decided this year that we’d like to go on another NCL cruise. I had just recently gotten an email from my PCC of specials. So I decided to email him and ask what they had to offer. Within minutes I got an email back from him, asking me to call him so we could discuss (he included his direct number.) I was unable to call him back, but within a few minutes of him sending the email he called me and left a message. I called him back later and he didn’t answer, but called me back within 10 minutes. I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with him. He answered all my questions with the utmost professionalism. He also explained everything to me and also informed me of stuff that I didn’t even know. Needless to say about a week after talking to him I called him back to book our cruise. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with him going over every detail. Yes it was a long time, but well worth it.

I was considering transferring my booking to a different TA (which was a few hundred dollars cheaper), but after the level of service I received from my PCC, I decided to keep my booking with NCL. The other TA I booked with in the past was only concerned about getting the booking and not making sure it was correct. To me it’s well worth the extra money in the long run.

We have sailed on 3 different cruise lines and NCL by far has the best and most professional cruise consultants out there.

I too am very lucky to have a wonderful PCC. I have 3 cruises booked and thanks to him I got great cabins (aft balconies and an aft PH) at a great price with OBC's too.

I made the mistake of booking my Epic on line and when I called to add another cabin to my reservation he "scolded" me and told me he could have gotten me a better deal. We canceled my first reservation and re-booked saving me a few hundered $

I love my PCC!!

:):):)I booked my 1st cruise Feb 2011 for Nov 2012 and my NCL PCC has been wonderful he helped with every detail and when there were price drops or obc that I was allowed he would call me and take care of it right away

He is always there to answer any question right away and always eager to help :):):)

I also forgot to add, that when I informed him that we would be traveling with an infant, he made it a point to find us a room in our category where we would experience little to no noise. He explained that with x room and x room this is what is above. You want to avoid this area because of this and this area is good because x is above you and there should be minimium noise.

I can't say enough about my PCC :) I for instance a couple weeks ago on a Saturday decided to upgrade my room and sent him off an email asking about this and said I'd speak with him on Monday....like 5 min. after I sent email he was on the phone to me :D

I agree with everything said here. Up until March or April of this year, we were set on sticking with Celebrity. I heard some negative comments about NCL and avoided them like the plague. Somehow a PCC had my phone number and she kept calling me. I never took her calls until one day I was bored and decided to see what she had to say. I am not easily impressible and to make a long story short, I was impressed by the PCC and cancelled the 2 cruises we had with Celebrity and made 3 reservations with my PCC (over a 5 month period of time). Our first NCL cruise will be next week and my PCC made things very easy for me. She was informed, made suggestions on what rooms we want (based on noise, etc), helped me get OBC, etc. She also sent me a bon voyage card and called me yesterday to wish me well.

I loved my PCC. And I guess NCL did too. They promoted her. Then I got the new guy. He send me about 10 business cards...ok fine. We had one discussion...ok he wasn't great.

So I booked online, but had a follow up question, so I called him directly....not at the extension he gave me. I was transferred twice until I reached him...he totally yelled at me for not booking directly with him....something I never did with my last PCC, she never took issue with it and always called & checked in....her name was alway on our packet & ended up on all the bookings & mail that I got.

This new guy was a jerk & made me feel bad about booking over a weekend during a reduced deposit sale.

I don't want to work with him. And hate that he was "assigned" to me...

I loved my PCC. And I guess NCL did too. They promoted her. Then I got the new guy. He send me about 10 business cards...ok fine. We had one discussion...ok he wasn't great.

So I booked online, but had a follow up question, so I called him directly....not at the extension he gave me. I was transferred twice until I reached him...he totally yelled at me for not booking directly with him....something I never did with my last PCC, she never took issue with it and always called & checked in....her name was alway on our packet & ended up on all the bookings & mail that I got.

This new guy was a jerk & made me feel bad about booking over a weekend during a reduced deposit sale.

I think you raise a good point. Once you have been "assigned" a PCC and have worked with him or her, if for any reason you feel that you might do better with a different PCC, how can that be accomplished? PCCs obviously come in all flavors, and NCL (probably most cruise lines, in fact) doesn't seem to have a clear protocol for trying out a PCC with the understanding that it may not be a permanent relationship...that you might want to try someone else. Has anyone had this experience?

I think you raise a good point. Once you have been "assigned" a PCC and have worked with him or her, if for any reason you feel that you might do better with a different PCC, how can that be accomplished? PCCs obviously come in all flavors, and NCL (probably most cruise lines, in fact) doesn't seem to have a clear protocol for trying out a PCC with the understanding that it may not be a permanent relationship...that you might want to try someone else. Has anyone had this experience?

Pretty simple actually. We had a PCC that was not a good match. I called the main NCL number, told them my story, they put a supervisor on the line, about 2 minutes later I had a new PCC. Simple!

I just wanted to take the time to share with everyone about my recent experience with my PCC. My wife and I took our first cruise back in 2007. I booked it online directly with NCL. After that cruise, I was assigned a PCC. Periodically throughout the year I would receive some business cards and mail trying to get us to book another cruise. Then last year we took our second cruise on NCL. In between those years we cruised on 2 different lines (gotta try others right?) I didn’t book with NCL directly since, a particular warehouse place, had a better rate and was offering a nice OBC.

My wife and I decided this year that we’d like to go on another NCL cruise. I had just recently gotten an email from my PCC of specials. So I decided to email him and ask what they had to offer. Within minutes I got an email back from him, asking me to call him so we could discuss (he included his direct number.) I was unable to call him back, but within a few minutes of him sending the email he called me and left a message. I called him back later and he didn’t answer, but called me back within 10 minutes. I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with him. He answered all my questions with the utmost professionalism. He also explained everything to me and also informed me of stuff that I didn’t even know. Needless to say about a week after talking to him I called him back to book our cruise. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with him going over every detail. Yes it was a long time, but well worth it.

I was considering transferring my booking to a different TA (which was a few hundred dollars cheaper), but after the level of service I received from my PCC, I decided to keep my booking with NCL. The other TA I booked with in the past was only concerned about getting the booking and not making sure it was correct. To me it’s well worth the extra money in the long run.

We have sailed on 3 different cruise lines and NCL by far has the best and most professional cruise consultants out there.

Where is the like button? LOL. I think CC should give us a like button. Who's with me?

Get a recommendation from someone on their PCC. Call them and explain your situcation and that you are not happy with who you have been assigned. Ask if you can be switched. I believe they have to get permission from a supervisor but it can be done

You are the customer.

You don't have to work with someone 'assigned' to you.

Call and tell them you wish to work with someone else. If they ask why, it is your choice how you want to answer. You can tell them what you just told us or tell them you'd rather not share your reasons but you think you could work better with someone else than this person.

You're the boss....... it's your money.

Sorry for the dumb question ...but how do you get a pcc ???? We have taken 4 ncl cruises and we always book online ourselves, would they help us get a better deal??? Or are they just the people you talk to on the phone when you book ??? We have taken many cruises on different lines and this is the first time I really thoght about this lol .... thanks

DH and I recently started looking at a specific cruise with another line and called the main number for information. We were sent a quote by e-mail, just as preliminary info. Within a few hours, I received an e-mail from the another person (not the same person who gave me the quote) saying he had been assigned as my PCC and would call me shortly. I never asked for a PCC. He called the next day and I told him I was not interested in having a PCC and would probably do a general booking or book through my TA, if and when I decided I wanted to go with them. He got very upset, was rude and hung up on me. Now I will definately NOT use him - I expect more respect than this. I guess I will book through my regular TA, whenever I am ready.

I guess I'm lucky but I always had good PCC's.

I used to be one that did everything online but now that most cruise lines do not allow heavy discounting or controlling OBC's, it no longer worth it to me. The last one I booked with a PCC gave me more information on locations or cabin size than I could ever find online. The one before with CCL, the PCC found a huge room that was available for my son and DIL. It was probably 1 1/2 times my size but due to the location, it was huge.

To me, a PCC the only way to go.

I'm surprised by all the responses.

I'm not. Over the years there have been some outstanding PCCs, and some less-than-stellar performers as well. Many of the latter have been weeded out (including, apparently, the useless one I had been last assigned) so when folks hear stories like yours they are anxious to connect with that proven ability. ;)

Many thanks for the email, and I am happy to report that NCL is switching me today. :D

I'm not. Over the years there have been some outstanding PCCs, and some less-than-stellar performers as well. Many of the latter have been weeded out (including, apparently, the useless one I had been last assigned) so when folks hear stories like yours they are anxious to connect with that proven ability. ;)

Many thanks for the email, and I am happy to report that NCL is switching me today. :D

That's great to hear. Hopefully he'll be just as good to you as he has been to me.

When I first requested for a NCL brochure, the next day a PCC called my home. What kind of method do they use to assign a PCC to you? When I asked the agent where is she calling from she told me Arizona. The PCC do work for NCL, correct???

Archived