Emerald Cabins

skynight

Pam in CA, maybe you could comment on this question. Although we have been on many cruises we have never stayed toward aft. Cabins C619 to C637, we know they have the 1/2 covered large balcony. Is there anything about these rooms that would make them less desirable other than being toward the aft section of the ship? We noticed that under the after April 25, 2013 cabin categories they are down the list as BD's. Under current cabin ratings they are BA's.

Pam in CA, maybe you could comment on this question. Although we have been on many cruises we have never stayed toward aft. Cabins C619 to C637, we know they have the 1/2 covered large balcony. Is there anything about these rooms that would make them less desirable other than being toward the aft section of the ship? We noticed that under the after April 25, 2013 cabin categories they are down the list as BD's. Under current cabin ratings they are BA's.
The only difference between these cabins and other Caribe deck balcony cabins is location. Princess is re-categorizing cabin categories which explains the difference mentioned. Otherwise, there's no difference.

The new category designations are based on location on the ship so I'm sure that is why these cabins have changed. Mid-ship is considered prime. I think aft cabins are great and would consider them in the same category as midship (but I'm not Princess or other cruisers). I really don't think the cabins you have mentioned are less desirable. I have found it great to be aft. You can pop up an elevator or take the stairs and be right at the buffet area, lido deck pool area, etc. I am one who really likes the aft location. I guess you really won't know until you try.:)

Archived