Upgrade Policy

disfan

I had read here that if you booked a guarantee room and was assigned a cabin, you were not eligble for a further upgrade.

I booked a balcony guarantee on the Freedom and was assigned a cabin on deck 7. I subsequently received a call from Royal asking if I was interested in a free upgrade to a JS.

After consideration, I took it.

I had read here that if you booked a guarantee room and was assigned a cabin, you were not eligble for a further upgrade.

I booked a balcony guarantee on the Freedom and was assigned a cabin on deck 7. I subsequently received a call from Royal asking if I was interested in a free upgrade to a JS.

After consideration, I took it.

Same story here.

I was told the same regarding a free upgrade if booking a guarantee. I also booked a guarantee on the Freedom, got a balcony assignment a while back and two weeks prior to sailing was also given a free upgrade to a JS. It took me less than one second to consider:)

I do have a fair amount of points so I am not sure if that made a difference.

M

I have a Suite Guarantee booked on Oasis in December. I recently got my assignment (a JS), and I called the D+ desk to talk to them about changing to another cabin in the same category (which they did for me... no problem).

While I was talking to her, I asked her about the "no further upgrade" clause and was told that although that used to be the policy, it is no longer.... that they are now doing upgrades from Guarantees.

Archived