New QE2 categories

carlmm

New cabin categories on the QM2 were already mentioned on this board.

Now I see, that next year's information for the QE2 also includes new categories:

P4, C6, M6, M7.

Does anybody have further insights about this?

Maybe Princess decided to convert some crew cabins in an effort to increase revenue on QE2. The new M7's! Toilette and shower down the hall. ;) Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Ernie

I don't think cabins will be added. Instead, I think they will be broken down even more specifically.

Right now, within a QE2 catergory, there is a lot of variety in cabin size. My thought is that they are shuffling them around to have them all more in line. No complaints of "Their C3 is nicer than my C3!" - your C3 will just become a C4 or something.

Actually, it might turn out good - you can go even cheaper now on the Queens. If you're looking for a budget trip, then this is definitely good.

I don't think cabins will be added. Instead, I think they will be broken down even more specifically.

Right now, within a QE2 catergory, there is a lot of variety in cabin size. My thought is that they are shuffling them around to have them all more in line. No complaints of "Their C3 is nicer than my C3!" - your C3 will just become a C4 or something.

Actually, it might turn out good - you can go even cheaper now on the Queens. If you're looking for a budget trip, then this is definitely good.

QueensFan,

Good heavens! Some one who thinks changes might be positive, and not a prelude to the end of civilised life as we know it!!!!! Lets see, a big, well run, highly efficient organization (Princess) takes over a small, slow, near moribund one (Cunard) and they actually have some good ideas???? Whodathoughtit???

Well done - I agree with you, and raise my half full glass to you in toast!

Peter

I am going to be sailing aboard the QE2 next week (the Norwegian Wonders cruise). It will be interesting to hear what the future cruise sales consultant has to say about the new categories.

This will be my seventh voyage on the QE2, but the first time since Princess has taken over operations. I am curious to see if there will be any changes on board. However, I am sure that I will enjoy the ship. Without a doubt, the QE2 remains my favorite ship!

I am going to be sailing aboard the QE2 next week (the Norwegian Wonders cruise). It will be interesting to hear what the future cruise sales consultant has to say about the new categories.

This will be my seventh voyage on the QE2, but the first time since Princess has taken over operations. I am curious to see if there will be any changes on board. However, I am sure that I will enjoy the ship. Without a doubt, the QE2 remains my favorite ship!

seacruise9,

Enjoy your voyage! Great ship and wonderful scenery. If you have the chance, could you find out whether any of these new grades are in fact 'guarantees'? I have checked the Cunard web site deck plans, which do not yet show any changes in cabin grades. On the other hand, if you are too busy enjoying the ship.....

Peter

seacruise9,

Enjoy your voyage! Great ship and wonderful scenery. If you have the chance, could you find out whether any of these new grades are in fact 'guarantees'? I have checked the Cunard web site deck plans, which do not yet show any changes in cabin grades. On the other hand, if you are too busy enjoying the ship.....

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your message. I will try to find out whether these are new cabin grades or merely guarantees. I am flying to London tonight and can't wait to board the QE2 on Saturday!

Archived