Cruise credits between P&O/Princess

sez809

I have just had some helpful advice over on the Princess forum, that tells me any credits gained by sailing with P&O will go towards my time sailed with Princess. I was unaware of this, and had assumed it was the fact that credits/days sailed were exclusive to each of these cruise lines, despite both being under the Carnival umbrella. I have however been informed that it doesnt work the other way, ie Princess cruises do not count towards P&O.

Could you tell me please, do I claim these credits myself (notify Princess) or is it automatically added to my Princess account? We cannot cruise as often as many others, tied to school holidays making it very expensive, so it is taking a long time to reach Platinum status with Princess (have managed to sail 35 days so far over a number of years). Our 12 days in 2013, with P&O would help us along that road, as well as pointing us in the right direction for the next P&O tier, which I understand will take us 16 days??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sarah

If you look on My Princess on the web site, under Cruise History, it will give you a list of the cruises that you have done / future cruises. You'll be able to see all of the cruises that are counted towards Princess.

As you say, it doesn't work both ways though.

I have just had some helpful advice over on the Princess forum, that tells me any credits gained by sailing with P&O will go towards my time sailed with Princess. I was unaware of this, and had assumed it was the fact that credits/days sailed were exclusive to each of these cruise lines, despite both being under the Carnival umbrella. I have however been informed that it doesnt work the other way, ie Princess cruises do not count towards P&O.

Could you tell me please, do I claim these credits myself (notify Princess) or is it automatically added to my Princess account? We cannot cruise as often as many others, tied to school holidays making it very expensive, so it is taking a long time to reach Platinum status with Princess (have managed to sail 35 days so far over a number of years). Our 12 days in 2013, with P&O would help us along that road, as well as pointing us in the right direction for the next P&O tier, which I understand will take us 16 days??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sarah

Are you signed up to My Princess. Check cruise history I am sure you will find it already registered. My next one is :)

It was me who gave you the info on the Princess board. It is all done automatically. As said, go into My Princess and it will show all qualifying cruises, past and future. If you notice any cruises are missing, get in touch with Princess and they will update your record.

Just wish Princess counted with P&O:(

It was me who gave you the info on the Princess board. It is all done automatically. As said, go into My Princess and it will show all qualifying cruises, past and future. If you notice any cruises are missing, get in touch with Princess and they will update your record.

Thank you!! I just couldnt remember who it was!!

I have now My Princess, and the forthcoming Aurora trip is there, as well as my future cruise deposit, yet to be "spent"!!

Thanks to all for the advice given.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Its only done automatically if you have the same URN/Captains Circle number, and won't come into play until you do your first Princess cruise.

I had 2 numbers and contacted Princess and they merged them after my first cruise,

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2

Archived