Wearing Jeans on QM2

newtoit

Amen to that Cap'n. For my own part, I couldn't care less what clothes people put on. For me the trouble begins when they start to take them off. Some of the sights around the pool deck on any Cunard ship are not for sensitive souls of a delicate disposition like little ole moi :D

J

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

:D:D

But, despite those horrific sights, only 5 more sleeps and I'll be boarding good ole Queen Victoria yet again! I'll just have to avert my gaze.

J

OK then - I'm jealous! Just put the sunglasses on before you go there and see them.

Bon voyage!

:D:D

But, despite those horrific sights, only 5 more sleeps and I'll be boarding good ole Queen Victoria yet again! I'll just have to avert my gaze.

J

Well, J, you'll be delighted to hear that she was still floating nicely when we watched her go in and out of Venice last Wednesday.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy the breakfasts.

Mary

Well, J, you'll be delighted to hear that she was still floating nicely when we watched her go in and out of Venice last Wednesday.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy the breakfasts.

Mary

Thanks Mary. After seven months of near starvation I am now back into intensive breakfast training and looking forward to the Eggs Benedict (as a starter of course!).

J

The more expensive the jeans, the more ripped and torn they are !!

But yes, of course you can wear jeans during the day. There are some people who will look down on jeans, but the fact you may have paid £100 a pair whilst they are wearikng cheap £10 trouser from Primark does not enter their heads ! (My mother is an example of this thinking !! ).

Does it really matter what is paid for trousers or where they come from?

For my part, I'm not really bothered what other people wear as casual clothes.

I haven't owned a pair of denim jeans for over 40 years because I'm in the camp that sees them as workwear, what children play in and - with the best will in the world, no matter how expensive they are - I just don't like them.

They can look both smart and stylish - on the right body, no doubt, but they also have a nasty habit of appearing scruffy and lacking in finesse, for want of a better word. Happy for others to wear them if the so wish tho' (but not in a formal restaurant, surely? :eek:)

For my part, I'm not really bothered what other people wear as casual clothes.

I haven't owned a pair of denim jeans for over 40 years because I'm in the camp that sees them as workwear, what children play in and - with the best will in the world, no matter how expensive they are - I just don't like them.

They can look both smart and stylish - on the right body, no doubt, but they also have a nasty habit of appearing scruffy and lacking in finesse, for want of a better word. Happy for others to wear them if the so wish tho' (but not in a formal restaurant, surely? :eek:)

And that is what is so wonderful about the Cunard line. There are formal evenings and a dress code for the rest of the nights. Over here in the US there are very few places that have dress codes and hardly any events where jeans would not be the primary dress. Events are distinguished by nice jeans and not so nice jeans. I guess it makes things very easy, but maybe a little boring as well.:)

Archived