Wearing Jeans on QM2

newtoit

I am doing my first QM2 Tarnsaltlantic crossing end October. I am aware of the dress codes for dinner, however is it appropriate to wear jeans(nice expensive ones not ripped or torn or with holes) during the day?

Thanks

however is it appropriate to wear jeans(nice expensive ones not ripped or torn or with holes) during the day?

Thanks

The more expensive the jeans, the more ripped and torn they are !!

But yes, of course you can wear jeans during the day. There are some people who will look down on jeans, but the fact you may have paid £100 a pair whilst they are wearikng cheap £10 trouser from Primark does not enter their heads ! (My mother is an example of this thinking !! ).

I am doing my first QM2 Tarnsaltlantic crossing end October. I am aware of the dress codes for dinner, however is it appropriate to wear jeans(nice expensive ones not ripped or torn or with holes) during the day?

Thanks

Yes it is allowable. Just follow the guidelines for the nighttime dresscodes.

This is a question that I was searching for. I am booked on the QM2 mid October. I was wondering about nice jeans during the day.

Which date are you sailing peekaboo? We are on the Oct 28th crossing.

In my single QM2 crossing experience, I was stunned to find that as rigorously adherent as Cunard enthusiasts are to their evening dress code, many blissfully embrace an "anything goes" daytime standard of attire. Your jeans will be more than fine. Enjoy! :)

People will notice that you are smartly dressed regardless of the cost of the clothes. You can be smart in cheap jeans as well as expensive jeans.[/quote

That's how it is! On all of my voyages with QM2 or QV I wear blue jeans

most of the time during the day and have never had anybody look down on me (which would not have bothered me anyway :p ). It always depends on what you make out of it, it's even possible to look elegant in jeans, yes!

It always depends on what you make out of it, it's even possible to look elegant in jeans, yes!

This is true.... my friends Stacy and Clinton from TLC say that a "dark jean" (not sure when "jeans" became singular) can look very classy when paired with the right top. And most importantly they must fit properly. ;)

Personally I would rather see someone in Jeans than in shorts, I think most people who wear shorts do not possess a mirror or a conscience.:eek: Phil

I think it all depends on the quality/cut of the shorts. And with jeans, the age and condition.

As with most clothes, it is all about wearing the appropriate items at the right time, in the right venue. And that the clothes be well made, clean and in good condition.

On a cruise ship in daytime, jeans with holes, falling apart, ripped, frayed and fading are far worse than well-cut long tailored shorts, IMHO. :) .

I think it all depends on the quality/cut of the shorts. And with jeans, the age and condition.

As with most clothes, it is all about wearing the appropriate items at the right time, in the right venue. And that the clothes be well made, clean and in good condition.

On a cruise ship in daytime, jeans with holes, falling apart, ripped, frayed and fading are far worse than well-cut long tailored shorts, IMHO. :) .

Of the wearer!!

Of the wearer!!

How true :D .

(And that is the limit of my fashion sense. I haven't a clue about clothes otherwise. Most of the time I look like I got dressed on deck during a gale. My clothes may once have been fashionable; in Albania in 1955 for example. Salespeople rub their hands with glee when they see me wander in... As for my size, "anything that would fit the Hindenburg would be perfect" I tell them. They don't ask if they can help me, I'm clearly beyond help...)

Of the wearer!!

Amen to that Cap'n. For my own part, I couldn't care less what clothes people put on. For me the trouble begins when they start to take them off. Some of the sights around the pool deck on any Cunard ship are not for sensitive souls of a delicate disposition like little ole moi :D

J

Archived