Any Suggestions on Where to Jewelry Shop?

CruzinSouth

We're going to be going on two cruises in the Fall and we'll be stopping in Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Jamaica. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to shop for jewelry? My husband bought me a pair of sapphire earrings last year for my birthday but I had to return them because they actually hurt to wear them. I told him I'd just wait and pick out a pair on our cruise (even if I did have to wait 1 1/2 years for them)! I actually thought we'd be stopping in St. Thomas and I'd know where to go there, but I've never been to any of these ports and I've got no idea. Thanks everyone!

Grand Cayman is a great place for black coral. Bernard Passman has a shop there. BIG $$$$$ though.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

IMHO I would not buy any jewelry at any of the ports you listed..you may look in the GC,but like the other poster said big $$$$.I would just bet you could find better earrings at home,KNOW what you are getting,and a good price at that.Like I said just MHO. I have seen so many people ripped off in the islands that I just had to post.If you ever cruise to Bermuda there are some lovely stores there,but all you save is the tax,and prices are high as well.Good luck.

Karen

Ü

• 5 years later...

Archived