Oceania Wait List Capetown to Beijing

londonmo

We have been 2nd on the wait list for Owner's Vista and Penthouse suites since April. Our friends have been 1st for Penthouse suites also. Does anyone know how Oceania processes their wait lists, I find it difficult to believe that no one has cancelled on this trip. Thanks you.

We have been 2nd on the wait list for Owner's Vista and Penthouse suites since April. Our friends have been 1st for Penthouse suites also. Does anyone know how Oceania processes their wait lists, I find it difficult to believe that no one has cancelled on this trip. Thanks you.

Oceania "processes" any changes immediately, but the guests on an amazing, very different itinerary like this one, and this one really IS special, usually don't cancel so easily; particularly if they have snagged an Owners or Vista Suite which are extremely few in number (ten in total on the entire ship).

map-lg-NAU130105B.jpg Some people are probably still hoping against hope that they can make it, others will have paid their deposit and just forgotten about it. A third segment WILL be sailing, come hell or high water.

When the Final Payment comes due in early October, reality will click in with a BANG, and there is bound to be a shake up.

If you're using an Agent (and you are crazy if you are not on this length of cruise), be positive that you and that Agent are on the same page as regards accepting a cabin on your behalf, otherwise be sure that Oceania has a telephone number on file where you may easily be reached during the Eastern Standard Time business day.

The very best of luck to you

Just to follow up on JimandStan's accurate comments...

90 days out, when final payment is due, is when there may be some movement.

Up until that day, anyone can reserve a cabin, pay a deposit, and maybe dream...but when it comes time for final payment, all sorts of things can happen.

They are right that Owners and Vista suites are few in number...but you never know...something may happen. Good luck!!

gary

Thanks for your detailed response Jim and Stan. Final payment was due August 8th according to my invoice, seems rather a long way ahead of the cruise when 90 days is the norm. We are using a Travel Agent and I am also in contact with someone in Oceania who I have probably driven crazy by now! I will keep my fingers crossed but am not very optimistic.

I was informed that final payment for cruises over 30 days in length, or "Grand Cruises" require final payment at 150 days prior to the cruise.

Atleast thats what I was told and read in the terms and conditions.

An agent I know who specializes in luxury and high end cruises said that the highest level cabins sell out the fastest and seldom cancel. The reason cited was that if you have that financial ability, you know what you want and are very secure in your choices. ( Not many getting sticker shock or doing a reality checks.)

If you want a specific cruise go for whatever cabin you can get and be happy with just being aboard.. Thats my philosophy.

Thanks for your detailed response Jim and Stan. Final payment was due August 8th according to my invoice, seems rather a long way ahead of the cruise when 90 days is the norm. We are using a Travel Agent and I am also in contact with someone in Oceania who I have probably driven crazy by now! I will keep my fingers crossed but am not very optimistic.

Sorry LondonMo, I knew the length of your cruise, but did not factor it into my response. My bad.

Frankly, I would have thought that you would have been in favor of the 150 day Final Payment Window for these longer cruises, as it was obviously designed to stop people from holding up a desired cabin until just before sailing, which was the focus of your original concern.

This is a funny World that we live in, recession or not, there seems to be a disproportionate amount of of money at the top end ; if you really are serious about getting onto this cruise, it might behoove your Agent to see what is available below a Penthouse.

Thanks for your input traveler916. Our Wait List Invoice states that final payment was due August 8th so I am not very optimistic.

My mistake, sorry...I have never been on a "longer cruise" - longer than 18 days anyway...now at least I know what the final payment date will be :)

So I would venture to say you're probably not going....sorry

This is a funny World that we live in, recession or not, there seems to be a

disproportionate amount of of money at the top end ; if you really are serious

about getting onto this cruise, it might behoove your Agent to see what is

available below a Penthouse.

NewScientist recently had an article on 99% of the World's Wealth is held by

1% of World's population.

I think the magic figure was a fair bit under a Million a year per person ,in

income from all sources.

Lets be honest .We would all be suffering if consumer items were not

so cheap from mainly Asia. :D

We never worried about money till the DH was 110% sure about Global Warming