Recommend a good snorkel life jacket

mitsugirly

We purchased our own snorkeling equipment prior to our March cruise this year and are so happy we finally decided to do that. What a great investment.

We also tried finding a good snorkel vest (we are great swimmers, however when out in the ocean, we just feel safer knowing we are kind of protected...just in case. So, therefore we always use a snorkel life jacket when available).

We purchased a snorkel vest last year from a company online (when buying our snorkel equipment), however, when it arrived, it just didn't fit right. It seem WAY too short for some reason even though it stated it was a large and for an adult and the weight matched with our weights (both mine and husbands). When I put it on, the bottom of it barely covered my bust. So, we returned it and didn't get a chance to purchase more prior to our cruise.

Well, this time, I would really like to get some (that fit) before we go on our December cruise (since we are going somewhere that we will be snorkeling and the place does not offer to rent equipment).

Where is a good place? How can I determine if it will fit by the measurements. Any suggestions as to a good product that doesn't "ride up you" between the crotch when snorkeling because the vest is inflated (the strap). <---this seriously bugs me and I'm constantly adjusting. I can't imagine how my husband manages. It's just annoying. :eek:

We purchased our own snorkeling equipment prior to our March cruise this year and are so happy we finally decided to do that. What a great investment.

We also tried finding a good snorkel vest (we are great swimmers, however when out in the ocean, we just feel safer knowing we are kind of protected...just in case. So, therefore we always use a snorkel life jacket when available).

We purchased a snorkel vest last year from a company online (when buying our snorkel equipment), however, when it arrived, it just didn't fit right. It seem WAY too short for some reason even though it stated it was a large and for an adult and the weight matched with our weights (both mine and husbands). When I put it on, the bottom of it barely covered my bust. So, we returned it and didn't get a chance to purchase more prior to our cruise.

Well, this time, I would really like to get some (that fit) before we go on our December cruise (since we are going somewhere that we will be snorkeling and the place does not offer to rent equipment).

Where is a good place? How can I determine if it will fit by the measurements. Any suggestions as to a good product that doesn't "ride up you" between the crotch when snorkeling because the vest is inflated (the strap). <---this seriously bugs me and I'm constantly adjusting. I can't imagine how my husband manages. It's just annoying. :eek:

The best place to buy equipment is a dive shop where you can try on the gear, and get reliable recommendations from the employees.

You're looking for this (note the waist and crotch straps).

http://www.isnorkel.com/product/5926/Aqualung-Sport-Adult-snorkel-vest

The link is a sample. To repeat: buy in a shop where you can try on the gear.

LOL, I know what you mean ,I have tried snorkel vests and constanly pulling at it etc. noodles are okay but you have to hold them in place and sometimes it rubs against your arms. I finally ended up with a ski life vest .it doesn't slide as much ,is thinner so it fits in my suitcase easier and much more comfortable ,no crotch strap. if you wear a lightweight wetsuit or a rash guard shirt it is even more comfy. Just an idea

We use light weight full wetsuits (3/2 mm). They offer some flotation, but we can still get underwater for a closer look. Even better, they prevent jellyfish stings!

I cannot even BEGIN to imagine snorkeling with foam noodles!

Archived