Clothesline

Calkacky

Hi all. I'm a cruise virgin with my first cruise scheduled June 17, 2103 on the Triumph. I am so glad I found y'all. I've learned so much already!

Anyway, I'm taking notes, making lists and bookmarking stuff and came across a question I haven't seen the answer to. I know I should take clips to hang bathing suits, but do I need clothesline too or is it already on the cabins?

Thanks again for all the information everyone provides. It is invaluable to cruise virgins like me!

There is a thin clothes line in the shower but if you are hanging more than two items, you could use a few clothes pins to clip a few other items to the line. If you will be spending a lot of time at the pool I also recommend bringing two or three bathing suits. It takes forever for items to dry. Unless of course you don't mind slipping on a cold wet suit.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

You don't need clips to hang bathing suits. In the showers there is a clothes line that your can stretch across the shower- just put your bathing suits over it to dry. Don't overpack- there isn't too much you need to bring! Just go and have fun- have a great cruise!!!

Oops! I have typing dyslexia. Obviously, I meant 2013! :)

I've read over and over to pack then take a bunch of it back out of your suitcase. Since I have so much time before my cruise, I plan to start adding some funds to my S&S card as well as socking away some cash.

On our last sailing I stayed on the dock at one of the ports to get a pic of my wife waving from our balcony

The room next to us and some clothes line contraption on their balcony

I pulled back some on the zoom and we labeled it sailing on the tenament of the seas

And whatever you do, don't try to dry your clothes on a balcony if you have one while underway. The wind will blow them away. Even towels drapped over the chairs tend to get blown off.

Thanks as I probably would have done this and regretted it!

Personally I have found it takes a long time to dry anything in the room. I think your better off bringing two suits per person. One drying for two days and one you can wear.

A power strip. Now that's a can't do without item.

After reading so much here, I do plan to bring 2 to 3 bathing suits. I already have the power strip on my list. That and way too many other things. The good thing is I'm going on a cruise with a group of friends and my roomie, who has never cruised before either, is going on the same cruise, same ship later this month with her hubby. She should be able to help me narrow down my list to the must haves.

Personally I have found it takes a long time to dry anything in the room. I think your better off bringing two suits per person. One drying for two days and one you can wear.

A power strip. Now that's a can't do without item.

I second this. There is so much humidity & things just don't dry inside the cabins, let alone the bathroom. Well it will dry eventually but it takes so long it may be growing things in the mean time! If I have a balcony booked I do bring a clothes line, I hang things low & try to be discreet (don't have my balcony strung up when we approach port).

Chiming in with agreement about things taking forever to dry on the bathroom clothesline. Bring multiple swimsuits. Somethings should never have to come in contact with a cold suit! :eek:

We tossed our swimsuits of the shower clothesline until the drip-dry stage was over. Then we used the hooks on the bedroom walls. I never used the balcony for fear of watching our clothes go flying into the sea.

~ Sheryl

Chiming in with agreement about things taking forever to dry on the bathroom clothesline. Bring multiple swimsuits. Somethings should never have to come in contact with a cold suit! :eek:

We tossed our swimsuits of the shower clothesline until the drip-dry stage was over. Then we used the hooks on the bedroom walls. I never used the balcony for fear of watching our clothes go flying into the sea.

~ Sheryl

I've never lost anything yet! The clips are pretty sturdy. But some people even thread their clothes through the clothes line - you can't do it with socks but you can with t-shirts etc. You'd have to lose the clothes line overboard to lose the clothes then.

Now why didn't I think of that! :rolleyes:

I've never lost anything yet! The clips are pretty sturdy. But some people even thread their clothes through the clothes line - you can't do it with socks but you can with t-shirts etc. You'd have to lose the clothes line overboard to lose the clothes then.

• 5 years later...
After you pack- Take a look at all of it and take half of it out :) Then look at how much money your bringing and double it :)

Are you basically saying to take half of a weeks worth of clothing? Like for a 7 night only take 3-4 days worth clothes?

Are you basically saying to take half of a weeks worth of clothing? Like for a 7 night only take 3-4 days worth clothes?

Here's the date when that was posted: Posted September 3rd' date=' 2012, 04:53 PM. [/font']

They probably won't see your question.