Bowling on board

Finkksta

i had so much fun bowling on the pearl. it was hilarious how bad i bowled. but i suppose the 3 beers i had didnt help. dont bring your ball and shoes. and yes, sign up in case they have a waiting list. i beleive 4 lanes is correct. have fun.

You didn't mention what ship you were going to be on. Some of NCL's ship have bowling and some don't.

You usually just walk in to the lounge (which is where these are located on the sides) and tell them you want to bowl. (You'll know where to go because you'll see the bowling bowls, shoes and so on there at the station...can't miss it). It's $5 pp per game.

The times that we've done it, we've never had a wait, but I'm not sure if it was the time we went or not.

They usually have 2 lanes together (so you might be sharing the "booth" with another family bowling.

They have tons of balls, no need to bring your own (why would you want to carry that around and add to luggage weight?).

Yes, they have tons of shoes and you can get those from the guy you check in with at the counter.

:)

I may just be naive (Or stupid), but bowling, and ships just don't seem to go together in my mind. I can picture throwing the ball down the alley, and watching it wander from side to side as the ship moves.

Can you really bowl on a ship?

I've never tried it, but I have seen people on here mention that there are bumpers that can be raised which makes it easier.

I may just be naive (Or stupid), but bowling, and ships just don't seem to go together in my mind. I can picture throwing the ball down the alley, and watching it wander from side to side as the ship moves.

That's what makes it fun!

If you wouldn't use a house ball when you go to the lanes and would bring your own ball any other time, you will want your own on the ship, especially if it's drilled fingertip. That being said, the lanes are for the general public just to have fun, they are not oiling them like they do before a league...think very dry! If you have a spare ball, that's all you'll need, a reactive ball is just going to hook across the lane, there's no pattern there for it to read. The ceilings are low if you have a high backswing, you'll see the dings above you lol. Have Fun!!!

Can you really bowl on a ship?

Of course you can. :) We do every time we are on a ship with a bowling alley. It's a lot of fun. Although you normally don't feel too much movement with today's ships, if you do, all the more reason to "blame it on the ship" when you don't get a strike. :D

I've never tried it, but I have seen people on here mention that there are bumpers that can be raised which makes it easier.

Yep, there was a family (with younger children) beside us on our last cruise and they had the bumpers up for them.

I bowled on the Gem

It was really fun. You couldn't sign up in advance, leave and return when it was about your time to bowl. We had to sign our name and wait until a lane became available. We were not able to leave and come back or we would have lost our turn.

Archived