Solarium Bistro Or Izumi

Luv1204

Has anyone dined at either one of these restaurants aboard the Oasis. I would like to know how Solarium Bistro was for dinner, from pictures I saw it looks beautiful in the evening but how is the food. Have not read much about it, seems less popular than other restaurants aboard. Izumi looks like it could be a nice dinner away from the MDR also?

It does seem like one of the less popular restaurants, however except for a big steak at Chops, the Solarium Bistro was our favorite place to eat on Oasis. We very much enjoyed the Seared Bison Tenderloin and the Chipotle-Spiced Basa Fish Fillet. The salads were great and the dessert bar had some very interesting choices. I would recommend eating there.

I have not tried Izumi.

Solarium Bistro was our 2nd favorite dinner on Oasis! The only thing that beat it was Chops! I highly recommend it. The service was top-notch and the food was excellent. We sat at the front and had amazing views of the ocean from our table. It was at sunset, so no one was sitting in the Solarium itself, so we had nothing but views!

I ate at Izumi on Oasis earlier this year. I am used to really good Japanese food being from LA, and I eat sushi several times a week.:)

While the sushi at Izumi was way better than any WJ/Jade sushi I have ever had on any Royal ship, it wasn't the best I have ever had. But it was really good.

As for the hot rock cook at your table items, a total let down.:(

If you go, go for the sushi, and really good Miso.

If you look at the Oasis review in my signature there are pics and a review of Izumi in there.

Has anyone dined at either one of these restaurants aboard the Oasis. I would like to know how Solarium Bistro was for dinner, from pictures I saw it looks beautiful in the evening but how is the food. Have not read much about it, seems less popular than other restaurants aboard. Izumi looks like it could be a nice dinner away from the MDR also?

The Solarium Bistro is an excellent choice. We had dinner there last week on the Oasis.

Food & service is very good. Nice quiet setting with good views.

After dinner, I did not feel weighted down with meats, sauces and desserts.

Just felt pleasantly full. It's also a good place for breakfast and lunch.

• 2 months later...

Well, finally after all the wait only 3 days until Oasis!!!! We did book Giovannis, Chops, and Solarium Bistro, still wondering if we should add Izumi for dinner or maybe even just for lunch. I really like sushi but all the talk about the Hot Rocks not really doing the job cooking, especially raw chicken, really made me sway towards the Solarium Bistro. I will give a report on the restaurants when I get home.

Gave sailed Oasis several times and each time, we do dinner at the Solarium Bistro 3 times. We have done Giovanni's and enjoyed it, but the next time onboard, we went for the SB instead. Chops was also great - but to be honest, SB is our favorite restaurant onboard. It is comparable to Blu on Celebrity, delicious creative dishes without being very heavy - you can eat every course and you don't walk out feeling painfully stuffed. Go for it!

Archived