Am I the only one who dislikes hot tubs?

suekay

Well, if you would have left things alone, I am sure he eventually would have, and had a few more moments of peaceful bliss.:rolleyes:

SHE might have had a chance to live with immediate medical aid summoned.

Seems neither got either.

Sadly

For those people who think they're unclean........do you feel the same about getting in a swimming pool with strangers?

On a ship?

Yes, I feel the same.

Those small pools, hot sun, so many bodies.....

Not for me. The most I do is wet my feet. No way I get in those pools.

On a ship?

Yes, I feel the same.

Those small pools, hot sun, so many bodies.....

Not for me. The most I do is wet my feet. No way I get in those pools.

Same here.

Nothing like hearing someone say, as they were getting out of the hot tub, "hey, all my dry skin and scabs are gone." :eek:

I love my hot tub at home--but I'm normally the only one that uses it. Sometimes the grandkids get in, but rarely.

On ships I'd rather not sit in a hot tub with lots of other people; I've noticed strange rashes after using hotel hot tubs. Once in a while, though, I will find a fairly unused hot tub and use it later in the night when it's empty; I'm so used to a nightly soak at home that it's hard to miss it on a cruise.

I'm definitely not a germophobe, but I don't like sitting shoulder to shoulder with strangers either.

When investigating the cause of post vacation "nasty" rashes and infections in "lady private places," the first question a MD asks is: Where you in a public hot tub?"

It isn't just the germs, but the chemicals used to keep the tub relatively clean are rather harsh.

Same here.....won't even think about getting into one.

Warm-to-hot water loosens up a lot of, let's just say things, on skin and inside women. (Remember, women are not supposed to wear tight jeans for a reason!!). Same reasons we should not be in hot tubs. This nasty stuff latches onto the inside of the hot tub and can & will get on your skin. That is why so many people get rashes after being in a hot tub. It wasn't the water.....it's what's latched onto the inside of the tub and what's floating around in the water. Chlorine nor any other cleaner completely cleans these hot tubs.

Personally, I don't think public hot tubs should even be allowed. JMO!;)

My memory seems to be that some years ago, a Celebrity ship had an outbreak of Legionairres Disease and it was traced back to the hot tub being the source. The ship was sister to Zenith and I think was the Horizon.

Archived