Specialty Restaurant Booking Pre-Cruise ?

bottomfeeder

I'm a NCL Noob, I admit. Just booked our first NCL cruise on the Sky for 11/19 for myself and my sons. I was hoping to book the specialty restaurants onboard, but they are not showing available for booking.

Is that just because it is too early, and if so do they open bookings at a specified number of days prior to the cruies? Or is it because my booking hasn't "registered" in the system yet (but I could book shore excursions so that likely isn't it?)

Or is it possible that they are all fully booked already for the whole cruise?? :eek:

Thanks in advance!

I'm a NCL Noob, I admit. Just booked our first NCL cruise on the Sky for 11/19 for myself and my sons. I was hoping to book the specialty restaurants onboard, but they are not showing available for booking.

Is that just because it is too early, and if so do they open bookings at a specified number of days prior to the cruies? Or is it because my booking hasn't "registered" in the system yet (but I could book shore excursions so that likely isn't it?)

Or is it possible that they are all fully booked already for the whole cruise?? :eek:

Thanks in advance!

you book them on board so plan which ones you want to go to and when and then do that all the first day when you get on. they don't take bookings before the cruise leaves.

Thanks in advance!

NCL will allow a portion of the tables to be booked on-line starting 45 days before your cruise. If a restaurant is showing as sold out on-line you'll most likely be able to book it once you board.

We are just off of the Sky on Monday. I booked CAGNEYS online prior to departure one month out. I was unable to get the time I wanted online so I just went to the dining desk and switched it out for the desired time. Do not miss CAGNEYS as it was one of the best meals I have ever had with wonderful service. We ended up going on the last night. Have a great cruise.

A few thoughts. You can book dining 45 days out. If you book online, you have to pay then with a credit card, so if you have OBC you won't use it for those charges. Also, only a percentage of reservations are available for on line booking. We have never had a problem getting the place and time we wanted after we were on board. Teppenyaki is the only exception, it is difficult to get reservations, so book it as soon as you can if you want to go.

I prebooked Teppanyaki to make sure that we got reservations for it. I booked about a month out. We did it on a port day when we knew we weren't getting off the ship. Plus I liked having things paid for before I got on the ship anyway. But with Cagneys we just waited until on the ship to book it because we weren't sure what we were going to be doing the other days.

4 ncl cruises and 50 days on board days, we have never prebooked our specialty restaurants, except a special party of 16. we are flexible and just head to the restaurant earlier in the day/front desk or buffet reception and book it then and there. only time there was a problem was on "lobster night". everyone was lined up for main dining room and lobster holds no special thing as we live in nova scotia and can pick it up right off the boat anytime. At tepanyaki they asked us to wait until a later seating (an hour) to see if they could get more people. in the end there was only the 2 of us, but we had a great time and they allowed us to have the desert from the asian dining room (next door) 3 flavor creme brule. since the menus don't change, any day is ok for us and if they are fully booked, we will use one of the other "specialty" restaurant. NEVER have we not been able to eat in a restaurant we wanted sometime during our trip.

Archived