What's great about Platinum Concierge Service

weddingcruise

This will be our first cruise with Platinum status. They offer some great perks for this, especially like the dinner at LeBistro. Also looking forward to using Concierge service for the first time since we do not stay in a suite. What have you used the concierge service for? Will we have the option to go to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch with Platinum Concierge Service?

This will be our first cruise with Platinum status. They offer some great perks for this, especially like the dinner at LeBistro. Also looking forward to using Concierge service for the first time since we do not stay in a suite. What have you used the concierge service for? Will we have the option to go to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch with Platinum Concierge Service?

The concierge will assist with restaurant reservations, priority with tenders, priority disembarkation, etc. You may be able to ask for priority seating in the theater. You will not have the Cagney's option - that's for suites or VIPs.

Unfortunately we don't even have access to the concierge service before we board. They've added a phone number for those in suites to make requests before they board, and I had a question about an upcoming sailing, and they wouldn't help me. I had hoped that since I'm entitled to concierge service, they might help me out, but no go.

Unfortunately we don't even have access to the concierge service before we board. They've added a phone number for those in suites to make requests before they board, and I had a question about an upcoming sailing, and they wouldn't help me. I had hoped that since I'm entitled to concierge service, they might help me out, but no go.

Are you in a suite?? If you are then you are certainly entitled to getting help from the pre boarding concierge. If your not in a suite, then I understand the reluctance to help. The pre travel concierge is for all ships and are pretty busy since getting all the publicity.

Are you in a suite?? If you are then you are certainly entitled to getting help from the pre boarding concierge. If your not in a suite, then I understand the reluctance to help. The pre travel concierge is for all ships and are pretty busy since getting all the publicity.

No, for once, I'm not. I called the number though, as I'm entitled to concierge service, and didn't realize at first that it was just for people in suites. I don't need help with reservations so likely won't use the concierge onboard, ironically.

Be prepared to get services from the concierge after she/ he takes care of the penthouse passengers first. This of all the new perks is destine to failure. All the concierges had a full time job before they added platinum passengers.

I hear you. I don't know why they even bothered to add it as a perk. I have been on 5 NCL cruises so far this year, and still have 2 more to come (and yes I know how much and how you cruise, so know you will understand), 4 in suites from penthouse to OS, and am platinum, but it doesn't seem to matter.

I have asked for two things through this year, asked politely and the answers have been no. I asked for the concierge to help me arrange a posh pass (which I'm more than willing to pay for), and I asked in my Owners Suite that the complimentary bottle of Kahlua be traded for Baileys. I was told no. I then read on these boards that others have been told yes, and that is annoying.

This year, I would say, I was one of their best customers, and a little help would have been appreciated.

Sorry for the rant AND sorry for the hijack ;)

We are Platinum and on our cruise in March we had a balcony and never saw the concierge, i guess you have to get ahold of him or her to us their services. Are last cruise in Aug. we had a suite and were walked on the ship by him and walked off at the end of the cruise. So if you want the best us of the concierge you will need a suite. just say'in

Be prepared to get services from the concierge after she/ he takes care of the penthouse passengers first. This of all the new perks is destine to failure. All the concierges had a full time job before they added platinum passengers.

I noticed when we sailed in February that the phone number provided to us for the concierge as the Platinum perk was different than the phone number provided to us as suite passengers.

At least on that cruise it appeared the suite passengers got the concierge's direct line, while Platinum passengers were routed to a mailbox or perhaps an assistant (I'm just guessing at that).

That seems in line with what you're saying.

We're platinum. Didn't need or use the concierge on our last cruise. Le Bistro, wine, laundry and ship's tour were all used. Had a booklet with priority tender tickets. Really used concierge when we had a suite, and it is nice to know the service is there if needed.

We're platinum. Didn't need or use the concierge on our last cruise. Le Bistro, wine, laundry and ship's tour were all used. Had a booklet with priority tender tickets. Really used concierge when we had a suite, and it is nice to know the service is there if needed.

Great attitude! You never know. One of our cruises hot bad weather and got us imto Ushuaia late. Our concierge asked what we had planned in port. Mentioned we planned to look for a Catholic Church since it was Sunday. An hour later she came back with a schedule of Mass times and map to the Church. B

Archived