Alaskan Southbound Mini Suite...best location?

sbellante

We on the Diamond Princess and taking the Southbound Cruise. Getting a mini-suite....any suggestions on best location? Has anyone stayed in the ones above Club Fusion? Loud? Thank you for any suggestions....

As long as your mini suite above Club Fusion is in the odd numbers you'll be fine. The bandstand is below the even number cabins.

Love the covered mini's--especially in Alaska!

The Emerald deck mini suites are the best because they have covered balconies. I like this area of the ship because it is quiet and has easy access to the MDR and the buffet. You are also just one deck above Promenade deck, which is convenient.

I would avoid cabins E724, E726, and E728 because those three cabins are right over the Club Fusion stage and there might be some noise issues. I have never heard any noise in the starboard side Emerald minis or in the most forward minis on the port side.

We on the Diamond Princess and taking the Southbound Cruise. Getting a mini-suite....any suggestions on best location? Has anyone stayed in the ones above Club Fusion? Loud? Thank you for any suggestions....

In my opinion, on a southbound cruise you would want on the port side of the ship. (even numbered cabins). The smoothest ride in rough weather would be amidships. I have done Alaska cruises 3 times and have gotten an AB category mini-suite and was quite happy.

Definitely port side for south bound. The position on the inside passage is not that important because the water is so smooth. You won't feel motion until you get close to Vancouver.

We like being in the 700's or towards the aft. :)

In my opinion, on a southbound cruise you would want on the port side of the ship. (even numbered cabins). The smoothest ride in rough weather would be amidships. I have done Alaska cruises 3 times and have gotten an AB category mini-suite and was quite happy.

Definitely on the port side heading south. Beyond that it's whatever you prefer. We would rather be in an aft balcony on Aloha, right near the stairs, but that's our preference. Different strokes.

Definitely port side for south bound. The position on the inside passage is not that important because the water is so smooth. You won't feel motion until you get close to Vancouver.

We like being in the 700's or towards the aft. :)

I'm curious, why do you think port side is better for going south? We will be on the Sapphire next year going soutbound. We snagged E731, which has the elongated balcony. I wanted the aft viewing in hopes of catching the Northern Lights (late September).

I'm curious, why do you think port side is better for going south? We will be on the Sapphire next year going soutbound. We snagged E731, which has the elongated balcony. I wanted the aft viewing in hopes of catching the Northern Lights (late September).

Yes, I am curious too why posters think port side is better. I found when we cruised from Anchorage to Vancouver through the inside passage that there was lovely scenery on both sides and the ship did a 360 in Glacier Bay. I did not find one side superior to the other.

On a northbound cruise, there is no doubt that starboard is better, but a southbound cruise is trickier. Yes, port is better for sea days (although it's not that significant. In the Gulf of Alaska it's better, but further south there are great views on both sides), but if you're lucky enough to have good weather sailing into Skagway and Juneau, starboard gets great sunrises and sunsets on those days.

Archived