Dream 7A Navigator's Verendah

marym933

We are thinking about changing our 9A oceanview for a 7A navigator's verendah. Does anyone have suggestions for the best cabin with the biggest balcony? I don't really mind that it will be an obstructed view. I would like a balcony that has 2 chairs, not the bench on one side that is on the undersized balconies.

Thanks for your help!

The 7A to me is a severely undersized balcony and I am not aware of any of these that have actual chairs on them because there is no room.

Do an internet search on the cabin number and you will see what I mean.

I can not tell you that paying more for this is a good idea. Its not the same 7A as what you get on the Magic and Wonder.

Personally I would stay in the Cat 9A with the big window but that's just me. A better choice would be something in the Cat 6's.

Here is a quote from another thread in regards to a Navigator's Verandah:

We just got off of the Fantasy & had a navigators veranda. It is my understanding that the Dream & Fantasy have nearly identical floor plans. Our room slept four and our veranda was the same size as a regular veranda. There was a very slight obstruction from the ships metal. There is not a porthole window, just the regular railing like the regular verandas. Our balcony had 2 chairs & a table.

So basically, it is just as open as a regular balcony, just the top 1/8 was obstructed.

IMHO, these rooms on the Fantasy are a total bargain! I'd book one again in a heartbeat!

Edited by iTinKso

The 7A to me is a severely undersized balcony and I am not aware of any of these that have actual chairs on them because there is no room.

Do an internet search on the cabin number and you will see what I mean.

I can not tell you that paying more for this is a good idea. Its not the same 7A as what you get on the Magic and Wonder.

Personally I would stay in the Cat 9A with the big window but that's just me. A better choice would be something in the Cat 6's.

The undersized CAt 7A balconies were featured in the article about 14 unusual balconies you can read here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1426

The cabin in that article is 5188 (pictured), and its twin, 5688, has a similar balcony. One advantage of these cabins is that they each connect to a OV handicapped room.

As already noted, many of the other 7A cabins have a full size balcony with an obstruction. Cabins 5024 & 5524 appear to have normal sized balconies, but they are next to a cabin with an extended balacony, giving your neighbor the opportunity to view into your cabin from their balcony.

The other good thing about CAt 7A is that there are not that many cabins, so you can probably find the view from each somewhere on the web. I believe the following are all of the 7As at the current itme: 5024 & 5524, 5180 & 5680, 5188 & 5688, 6178 & 6678, 7022 & 7520, 7170 & 7668, 7182 & 7680, 8022 & 8520, 8164 & 8662, 8176 & 8674, 9012 & 9512, 9152 & 9652, 9164 & 9664.

7As can be hard to locate on deck plans, as they didn't exist before last October. -- Suzanne

Edited by SuzanneSLO

Here's a picture I found on one of the other boards. I have not stayed in the cabin but in the picture it looks like 8662 has a full size veranda with a little bit of an obstruction in the top corner. 8662 is circled in this picture. I hope this is helpful. :)

[ATTACH]244412[/ATTACH]

Thank you! I'm taking a chance. My DH really likes to sit on the balcony and read. I booked 8662.

Thank you! I'm taking a chance. My DH really likes to sit on the balcony and read. I booked 8662.

We booked it's opposite for my SIL, cabin 8164, and felt pretty sure it is a normal width balcony, so we think it will have chairs.

We booked (same cruise) 8022 for ourselves, forward. Same situation as yours. My husbands lives to read out on a veranda!

It looked to us like the ones aft had the small balconies.

Hopefully we made the right decision!

• 3 months later...

I just booked 9512 an obstructed view 7A on the Dream with the late August/early September special. Its not a VGT, its a special rate of $599 per person for the 7A. Nice treat for us. DH is afraid of the water, so he will stand in the doorway and look out, I myself don't mind the obstructed view and love the fresh air. Its a 4 night on the Dream leaving 9/8/2013.

Michele

• 2 months later...
Does any one have any idea of how "obstructed" the veranda is for cabin 6678 on Disney Fantasy? I'm currently booked in that cabin for a cruise in Nov, I may think about trying to switch my cabin if the view isn't great.

Have you seen these exterior photos?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/b9bfaf22.jpg

http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2010_10_disneydream01/IMGP7859.JPG

Having looked at the photos, my guess is your veranda is obstructed 53%.

With DCL it's a cost / view analysis flow chart. :p

However, I love the aft 7a's as they look aft well, if that makes sense. Also you are protected from wind and smoke fore. This cabin I give a thumbs up to.

Edited by bear3412

I really wish they didn't call them Navigator Verandahs on the new ships. The true Navigator Verandahs are on the Magic and Wonder and are completely different from the obstructed view Verandahs they are calling Navigators on the Dream and Fantasy.

• 3 months later...
Shelly ~ What is the late August/early September special and where would I find it?

Thank you.

If you pull up the 9/8/2013 dream 4 night cruise, the insides are sold out for 499pp, but they still have porthole 9gty for 549pp and verandah 7Agty for 599pp. There are no vgt's for this sailing yet. There was a code DRM that got us the $100 obc which was also a special.

• 7 months later...

We were going to book a OV porthole room and then saw this 7A navigator's verandah for not much more $$. I have seen pictures of the tiny verandah, but for not much more $$ than a porthole (and for $300-$400 less than a "real" verandah), I can't think of a reason not to book this cabin with my favorite aft view? What do you think -- Side porthole? Or absolutely tiny aft verandah?

We were going to book a OV porthole room and then saw this 7A navigator's verandah for not much more $$. I have seen pictures of the tiny verandah, but for not much more $$ than a porthole (and for $300-$400 less than a "real" verandah), I can't think of a reason not to book this cabin with my favorite aft view? What do you think -- Side porthole? Or absolutely tiny aft verandah?

If your favorite view is Aft, I would book it.

We're not Aft people :o so I'm not sure we would book it.

Good luck!

Aside from those few aft facing 7A's , all others have normal size balcony .

Only difference is the % of obstruction (steel covering part of balcony )

Still 2 chairs and a table.

We had 6178 last week on the Fantasy. Would book it again to save $$ (appox 1/4 obs.)

I really wish they didn't call them Navigator Verandahs on the new ships. The true Navigator Verandahs are on the Magic and Wonder and are completely different from the obstructed view Verandahs they are calling Navigators on the Dream and Fantasy.

I think the issue is that there are cabins on the Magic and Wonder with minimally obstructed views which are called and priced as Navigator's verandahs.

And I guess we've been lucky because the "obstructions" we've experienced have been very minimal.