Victory 8422 & 8427

DTC

Looking to book one of these rooms. They both show available for 3 people and only 8427 for 4 people. Anyone out there know what the 3rd and 4th people sleep on?? I thought I read somewhere that the couch was very large and rolled out into a queen sized bed, but now I can't seem to find that.

Thanks

Looking to book one of these rooms. They both show available for 3 people and only 8427 for 4 people. Anyone out there know what the 3rd and 4th people sleep on?? I thought I read somewhere that the couch was very large and rolled out into a queen sized bed, but now I can't seem to find that.

Thanks

I was in 8422 in February. There were 3 of us in the cabin. Two slept in the regular twin beds that can make up into a queen. The third was in a rollaway bed. The room is quite a bit larger than a regular room and all three beds fit against the wall on the opposite side of the room from the desk. There was a couch that is probably intended for the 4th person. I don't know whether it makes out into a queen sized bed because we just used it as a couch. The balcony is double sized and accommodates 4 chairs and 2 tables. This was a wonderful room for 3 women to share, with lots of extra room. I would highly recommend it for 3-4 people. I don't know whether I have a picture of it but I'll check my pictures and if I do, I'll post it. Go for it.

The 2 regular twin beds do not turn into a queen when pushed together. They turn into a king bed. It's a little smaller than the kings that are usually sold in the U.S, but it's easily wider than a queen.

Those 2 rooms, unfortunately, do not use the sofa or an upper bunk for the extra people. When the sofa is used for a bed in other rooms, it is not a pull-out or roll-out sofa. The seat of the sofa has sheets put over it, the back cushions are removed, and you've got a bed. But it's not a pull-out or roll-out sofa; it's about the size of a twin bed. But for the 2 rooms you listed, the extra people will be in trundles or rollaways, which some people don't like.

I have no idea why these 2 rooms insist on using the trundle for the 3rd person, when there is a sofa in there that can be made up into a bed. But it's one of those crazy things that can't be explained, but it's how they do it. It would make things easier on the stewards, and more comfortable for the guests, to just use the sofa for a bed and trash the trundle. Maybe you could ask the room steward to make the sofa into a bed, and give him an extra tip for doing it.

Here's a write-up of the rooms:

Cabin 8422 9B 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle bed

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: 8418 and 8428

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Smoking permitted on balcony only

Cabin 8427 9B 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle beds (2)

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: 8423 and 8433

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Smoking permitted on balcony only

Back to the sofa bed thing, here's a picture of what one looks like:

P1050435.jpg

We've have the normal type rooms where the couch is the bed, so I know they don't "roll out" the cushion just comes off the back. For a forth person the bed is dropped from the ceiling.

So the couch is "longer" than a normal one?? It appears to be longer than the normal ones, in a regular room.

it would for sure be 3 of us, possibly 4 so just wanted to figure out our options. We were going to get an aft wrap but the photos of the trundle show it basically in the middle of the floor at the bottem of the king bed!

so we can trip over it all night?? No thanks, and I'm supposed to pay $1000 extra for that ability:eek::rolleyes: I don't think so!!

Thanks for your replies, and yes photos would be great!!

I do like the idea of asking the steward and tipping him extra. I'll keep that in mind.

Sorry, I don't have any photos. The poster who said the twins make up into a king is correct. It's a little undersized for a king so I called a queen. As I recall, the couch was about the same size as the regular cabins have. The main thing that makes this cabin better than an aft wrap for 3-4 people is the added space and the fact that the third bed fits along the wall with the others. We had a rollaway, not a trundle. There was space for the 2 twins, the rollaway and 2 night stands along the wall. If there was a 4th person they could use the couch and none of the beds would be in the middle of the room in anyone's way.

Archived