Suite sold out question

susique

I tried to change our booking to a penthouse suite this afternoon. The web said that there some some quarantee penthouses, but when I spoke to our PCC, she said they should not have shown up, as they were all booked. She had them taken off the web, but she said if someone cancels or does not make final payment, she would let us know.

My question is: Does anyone know if that will happen and how often people book and do not make final payment? It is our 40th wedding aniversary trip and decided to splurge for the suite life. We are booked in a mid-ship mini, so I guess we are fine, but I am sure hoping.

Agree, NCL does not have GTY suites even though they sometimes show up on their online booking. If you attempt to book they GTY suite, it will not allow the transaction to complete. And they will not allow you to do this over the phone either.

Start watching for people to cancel their suites starting at least 3-4 weeks prior to final payment. But be aware that they will likely be more expensive if only one or two open up.

I had a suite booked over a year out but couldn't get the one I wanted. So I started watching just before final payment and one of the ones I wanted opened up, so I was able to switch. There are no guarantees, but I think this is your best shot.

We are on the December 16th 2012 Pearl to Western Caribbean. I am sure it is a busy week. I will keep looking online and the PCCsaid she would, too. She did add the wine, Cagney's dinner for two and the Italian restaurant, but that was the special this week, so I guess she just changed our booking.

We are on the December 16th 2012 Pearl to Western Caribbean. I am sure it is a busy week. I will keep looking online and the PCCsaid she would, too. She did add the wine, Cagney's dinner for two and the Italian restaurant, but that was the special this week, so I guess she just changed our booking.

Just be aware if a suite does open up and you have to cancel your mini and rebook the suite you may not get those perks if they're not being offered at the time. Good luck, hope it comes through for you.

That's correct. I once found a price drop and had to decide if I wanted the drop or to give up the OBC I had when I booked.

Since the price drop was much less than the OBC, I left the price as it was.

Just be aware if a suite does open up and you have to cancel your mini and rebook the suite you may not get those perks if they're not being offered at the time. Good luck, hope it comes through for you.

Agree, NCL does not have GTY suites even though they sometimes show up on their online booking. If you attempt to book they GTY suite, it will not allow the transaction to complete. And they will not allow you to do this over the phone either.

Start watching for people to cancel their suites starting at least 3-4 weeks prior to final payment. But be aware that they will likely be more expensive if only one or two open up.

I had a suite booked over a year out but couldn't get the one I wanted. So I started watching just before final payment and one of the ones I wanted opened up, so I was able to switch. There are no guarantees, but I think this is your best shot.

I have a GTY suite booking on the Dec 4 Gem out of NYC.

Ship:

Stateroom:

Norwegian Gem

Suite Stateroom

GTY , Category: 765_980_cat_MX_r_0.gif

I am totally happy to see what I get or don't but I booked it and it is paid for. It is our unopened Christmas present for now.

Lynda

I have a GTY suite booking on the Dec 4 Gem out of NYC.

Ship:

Stateroom:

Norwegian Gem

Suite Stateroom

GTY , Category: 765_980_cat_MX_r_0.gif

I am totally happy to see what I get or don't but I booked it and it is paid for. It is our unopened Christmas present for now.

Lynda

Sorry, that's a Mini-Suite (MX) guaranty. Not a suite (SX) guaranty. Mini's are basically a deluxe balcony, not a suite and they do not get suite perks. The OP was specifically talking about a Penthouse suite.

Susique,

Suites do open up. We have cancelled prior to final payment. The cancellation without penalty is earlier for suites, 120 days if memory serves me correctly, but I'm sure that your PCC could confirm this.

Happy 40th and I hope you find a suite.

Check literally until the last week of the cruise, the cruise we're on had a couple 2-bedroom family suites open up at a discount, and we got the upgrade for free from our mini-suite (and it was originally like $1500 more / person). We are on the Pearl leaving 9/16/2012 to AK

Check literally until the last week before## the cruise, the cruise we're on had a couple 2-bedroom family suites open up at a discount, and we got the upgrade for free from our mini-suite (and it was originally like $1500 more / person). We are on the Pearl leaving 9/16/2012 to AK

Archived