C&A points if you don't sail?

djmcleod

5 years ago we were to sail on Royal Caribbean. At the airport going thru security, my husband had a seizure and had to be rushed to thehospital. Needless to say, we missed the cruise. Luckily we always purchase travel insurance and everything was covered.

Since the travel insurance paid the cruise line, do I receive C&A points? No big deal since our upcoming cruise will be the 1st time we have actually sailed away with RCI (fingers crossed). It's not like those few points would make much difference toward gold, etc membership anyway.

Was just curious.

Thanks

P.S. Just remembered....when booking upcoming cruise, I found a letter I had received from RCI after our missed cruise. It thanked us for sailing with them and did list a C&A#, but when I tried to use it on the website, it was said to be invalid.

5 years ago we were to sail on Royal Caribbean. At the airport going thru security, my husband had a seizure and had to be rushed to thehospital. Needless to say, we missed the cruise. Luckily we always purchase travel insurance and everything was covered.

Since the travel insurance paid the cruise line, do I receive C&A points? No big deal since our upcoming cruise will be the 1st time we have actually sailed away with RCI (fingers crossed). It's not like those few points would make much difference toward gold, etc membership anyway.

Was just curious.

Thanks

P.S. Just remembered....when booking upcoming cruise, I found a letter I had received from RCI after our missed cruise. It thanked us for sailing with them and did list a C&A#, but when I tried to use it on the website, it was said to be invalid.

You have to sail on the cruise to get the points.

Archived